Did you mean: 

Marvel card should I apply ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marvel card should I apply ?

@capnsloya wrote:
Hey joe8185,
At the time of applying, I got approved with a 715 score. They pulled my TransUnion report with only 6 months AAOA

Thanks. My current TU FICO is 627 which means I have some work to do on that during gardening, but as against that my AAOA is well over 4 years, so that might help.

Message 31 of 36
kugel
Valued Contributor

I wonder if this the best from all the other (co-branded) visa or master card they have synchrony?
Message 32 of 36
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kugel wrote:
I wonder if this the best from all the other (co-branded) visa or master card they have synchrony?

It's just like their other cards, except this one offers 3% cash back for dining + entertainment including books.

It has high limits, and will often increase your starting limit immediately on an easy phone call to Credit Solutions with a soft pull. I think my card started at 7k and on a phone call they immediately increased it to 20k or 25k.

It has high interest rates and is not good for anything other than making purchases which you are going to pay in full, just like the other Synchrony cards and like so many other cobranded cards from all the bank issuers.

Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 708

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

joe8185, I got mine with 684 TU (Synchrony about always pulls TU);
670-680 seems to be the lower range of scores I've seen approvals for
Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
joe8185, I got mine with 684 TU (Synchrony about always pulls TU);
670-680 seems to be the lower range of scores I've seen approvals for

Thanks. It would seem that I will need to get my TU score up by at least 40-45 points to get into that range. We'll have to see if that happens by fall; I'm hoping it will, especially if Penfed gets on with it and reports my car loan to TU (they should have done that last month, really, but they were probably waiting for my first payment to post). If TU doesn't get up high enough by then, I can always wait a while longer being that my primary post-garden objective is to get a Visa anyway and this is a MC.

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have an open installment loan (car or other) right now, that could give you a good bump.
if you're in with PenFed, you could have a good shot at Navy Fed as well
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.