Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel credit limit drastically reduced

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel credit limit drastically reduced

Was going through my reports to figure out why my utilization went up a percent when 2 of 3 of my accounts just reported a zero balance and found out synchrony reduced my marvel cl from 10000 to 1024.
Checked site to see when I last used my card and it had been 12.5 months ago.
Been meaning to put a purchase on the card and never got to it. Apr on card is so high I just never use it.
Will wait to see if they send me a letter to see if they'll reinstate limit if I use it or not. Never had a cld before so it's probably permanent. Which kinda sucks to loose that much utilization padding.
So anyone coming up on a year without use better use it because synchrony will definitely do a cld for non use.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Marvel credit limit drastically reduced

Wow, sorry to hear Thor. Good lesson for all of us. Best thing to do with any Sync card is to pif as the interest is crazy high. I try to cycle my cards every couple months for this very reason. Maybe try using it go buy some lunch and then pay it see if it helps. Again sorry buddy but thanks for letting us knowSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Joe, might end up being a good thing. They might open up there purse a little when I ask for another cli on my Amazon card. It gets a lot more use.
This is my 1st cld so it thru me a little. Will have to be a little more vigilant on some of my other cards.
Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear as you know you gotta use the card to keep CL's with certain lenders as others can use the credit if a person that doesn't use the card proves they don't "need" the credit and can used for others.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I know it was coming up on that year and full intentions of using it at least once but kept forgetting to use it.
Not upset at all about it,will make up the utilization somewhere else down the line.
I think this is the only card I've ever got and never used it. I'll just frame the cool card hahaha
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had this happen on my synchrony backed ToysRUs card, reducing the limit from 3500 to the same 1024.  I usually only use the card around the holidays, so it had gone over a year without usage.  Anyway, after a little research I decide to hit the luv button and the card was increased to 10k, without making any purchases .  So it is very likely they will restore your limit.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow cld you to same odd amount, then live button gave 6500 above original limit. Niccce.
Gives me hope of getting my limit back. Thanks jw2016 for the info.
Message 7 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I learned my lesson when I didn't use my Target Red Card for 12 months and the CLD'd me from $1200 CL to $200. I never could get it back up from $200 and closed it.That was back when I was rebuilding and even a $1200 Cl was important to me. Now none of my CCs go a month without a charge.

Take a look your recurring monthly bills and spread some of the smaller ones to cards you don't use regularly. My two 2% on anything cards and Amex BCE & BoA Cash Rewards cards are ones I carry in my wallet and get use weekly. One's I don't use get my $7 Netflix, $9.99 Experian, $21.70 insurance,   etc. monthly bills.

Yeah, a charge every 6 months or so is enough to keep a CC active, but the way I look at it I'm only losing nickels & dimes not putting those charges on a higher rewards card, and I don't have to remember to dig a card out and use it every so often.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow cld you to same odd amount,

1024 is a base two number. (2^10)  Not that surprising a computer would pick it instead of 1000.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.