cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

tag
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

Re: Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

I spoke with a VERY nice customer rep from Macys yesterday for at least 20 minutes.

She said that in order to qualify for the Visa you need a FICO score of 640 at least.

She also says they tend to give bigger CLI if you're a gold member or platinum or even better the black card haha.
Message 11 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Ahhh Macy's.  Congrats on the CLI!  I went from 1k to 2.5k as an auto-cli -- what a huge surprise!

I'm really interested in your Macy's Visa experience, tho.  I poke my toe around every now and then w/ a CSR about upgrading, but I'm just a chicken.  (Chicken's don't have toes tho, right?)

Please let us know if you see a hard pull out of this.  I have the Macy's plat at the moment and would probably consider using my Macy's card for a mattress if I could get rewards w/ the Visa version.  And hey, if they're lucky, I'll buy the dining room set from them as well.

Ooooh..  you've got me thinkin' about making that call..  lol!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 12 of 59
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

OK I'll let you know, but the last time they said I got the Visa, it took about 3 weeks for the inquiry to show up and two more for the denial letter.  Smiley Sad
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 13 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS! That's Great!
Message 14 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Okay, now I know it isn't all about me, but I made the call.  LOL

It looks like the Visa should be 'attached' ASAP and I'll have the card in 7-10 days.  But I'm not convinced it went thru.  No TL information was discussed.  Hmm..  this is going to be a tough waiting period.

Thanks u_e!  (I think!  lol)

*End of TJ*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 15 of 59
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Smiley Surprised WOW, That's good news!!  Congrats!  Now you gotta keep us posted Smiley Very Happy Sounds like they were kind of vague with you as well.  I'll be happy with the $1600 CLI if it doesn't come through.  But I'd sure like to have the Visa...Smiley Tongue
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 16 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for both of us!

I've had this silly card since 1990 -- so I would kind of expect some good Macy's love, but that's probably the exact reason I'd be declined.  (They can see into my past, lol.)

I don't like vague and I don't like waiting.  I can't wait to pull TC tonight to see if I've had an inqs. 

I just want the 3% rewards for shopping @ Macy's.  My card has been used and PIF on a pretty regular basis for awhile now.  It currently has a 55 dollar balance out of 2500.  (I bought two shirts while on a recent trip.)

Ahhh, we'll get there UE, we'll get there..
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 17 of 59
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

They pulled EX for me in Georgia last time, I just checked and no inquiry there yet.  Fingers crossed here too...Smiley Tongue  Good Luck!!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 18 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

unknown_entity wrote:
They pulled EX for me in Georgia last time, I just checked and no inquiry there yet.  Fingers crossed here too...Smiley Tongue  Good Luck!!!

I feel like we're two kids in a candy store at this point!  LOL

I just refreshed an old EX report and no soft or hard there...  yet.

I'm having so much fun as an escapee of the CCUC!  Smiley Wink

Good luck to you too!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 19 of 59
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

unknown_entity wrote:
     I just called Macy's and asked for a CLI, the CSR that answered the call asked how much I was looking for and I told her $100-$200, (I was at $400, I got the card in Dec. 2007, it started at $100).  She said that she had to transfer me to the credit department, so I waited on hold for about 5 minutes listening to "Every Breath You Take"...lol.  Then another lady came on the phone and said hello Mr. U_E, congratulations, we were able to approve you for a "guideline increase" to $2000.  Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised I was stunned!!!  I think I even yelped...lol.  She then explained that the reason I got a low limit to start with was because they wanted to see how I handled the account for 6 months.  (I usually buy $60-$80 every couple months and PIF before the statement cuts).  She then said was there anything else I can help you with?  A loud bell went off in my head just about that time and I said, "Yes, would it be possible to see if I qualify for the Macy's Visa?  Or would I have to apply for it?"  She said, "Let me check on that for you" and put me on hold for another few minutes and came back and said that she talked to her supervisor and that I would be approved for the Visa but since it's a different department, she said it would take up to 2 billing cycles for it to go through and to receive the card.Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised   WOW!!!  Talk about a "Jaw Dropper"  I was fully expecting the "nothing available" response from the CSR...lol.  Thanks for all the Macy's threads!! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Wow!!!!!

My last GLI was for $200 raising the CL to $800 on 5/8/08. Maybe I need to ask again on 8.8.08.
Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.