cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

Congrats to both of you!! Woo hoo!
Message 21 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Okay, now I know it isn't all about me, but I made the call.  LOL

It looks like the Visa should be 'attached' ASAP and I'll have the card in 7-10 days.  But I'm not convinced it went thru.  No TL information was discussed.  Hmm..  this is going to be a tough waiting period.

Thanks u_e!  (I think!  lol)

*End of TJ*

Awesome, Peas!  Congrats!  Sounds like good news to me.  What are you worried about? Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Okay, now I know it isn't all about me, but I made the call.  LOL

It looks like the Visa should be 'attached' ASAP and I'll have the card in 7-10 days.  But I'm not convinced it went thru.  No TL information was discussed.  Hmm..  this is going to be a tough waiting period.

Thanks u_e!  (I think!  lol)

*End of TJ*

Awesome, Peas!  Congrats!  Sounds like good news to me.  What are you worried about? Smiley Tongue

Well, like UE said -- they are kind of vague.  The girl basically said "Okay, you'll get that visa card in the next 7-10 days."  I let her go on for a second about how I I can go into the store and I will automatically get the reward credit even if I'm shopping with my plain regular card.  I pressed the issue after a minute, asking,  "how can you tell if I'm approved?"  She said something like, "Well, it will take up to a week to show up in the system once you're approved."  She also added, "Well, everything looks good to me."

So sure, that sounds encouraging, but, ahem..  no solid approval, no TL, no soft or hard on EX yet.  I'll check the other two here in a sec.

Smiley Wink  Can I worry just a wee bit? 

LOL

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 23 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, yeah, I see what you mean. Smiley Indifferent

Now that you mention it, I'd probably feel the same way without at least seeing that inquiry.

Message 24 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Uh huh --

And I know they do a bit of GLI'ing off of internal history and such, but I can't imagine I could get a customer initiated upgrade to the Visa with just a quick flick of the wrist.

And of course, I totally mentioned that I'll be buying a mattress set an a dining room set, so unless I get Macy's rewards points, I'm planning on using another card.

Bruhahahaha!  Knowledge is POWER!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 25 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

macys did the same for me too. well I didnt ask, I just had the card for about 4 years and then suddenly they were like "hey heres the visa with a 2000 limit" and i pooped my pants considering i only had a 200 limit for 4 years. target did the same I started with 300 and filled her up and then paid it over like three months and they raised me to 500 then i did the same again and bought an xbox Smiley Happy and paid it off over the next couple months and then they were like hey heres a visa with a 3000 limit!" so keep on waitin cuz it will happen if you keep payin it!!
Message 26 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

xzsublime84zx wrote:
 target did the same I started with 300 and filled her up and then paid it over like three months and they raised me to 500 then i did the same again and bought an xbox Smiley Happy and paid it off over the next couple months and then they were like hey heres a visa with a 3000 limit!" so keep on waitin cuz it will happen if you keep payin it!!

Think you may have won the target lottery or something. Smiley Very Happy Some of us having been waitin' years...
Message 27 of 59
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Congrats guys.

I think Macys hates me. They just don't want to approve me! I'm not sure why.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 28 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Quick update:  No hard pull so far! 
Yay!?!

I'll give it a few days and see if anything pops up.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 29 of 59
score_building
Senior Contributor

a month or two ago i was shocked that they took me from 800 to 1800 upon my request for a 200 cli.  meanwhile amex is clr'ing me at every turn and wamu just snagged me w/ a ratejack.  love me macy's, love me true... for i'll pay you back!  WOWZA Congrats on your v. impressive cli's unknown and whirled, shake your stuff & show them what your working with Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by score_building on 07-30-2008 09:59 PM

Message Edited by score_building on 07-30-2008 10:07 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 30 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.