cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

tag
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

I just called Macy's and asked for a CLI, the CSR that answered the call asked how much I was looking for and I told her $100-$200, (I was at $400, I got the card in Dec. 2007, it started at $100).  She said that she had to transfer me to the credit department, so I waited on hold for about 5 minutes listening to "Every Breath You Take"...lol.  Then another lady came on the phone and said hello Mr. U_E, congratulations, we were able to approve you for a "guideline increase" to $2000.  Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised I was stunned!!!  I think I even yelped...lol.  She then explained that the reason I got a low limit to start with was because they wanted to see how I handled the account for 6 months.  (I usually buy $60-$80 every couple months and PIF before the statement cuts).  She then said was there anything else I can help you with?  A loud bell went off in my head just about that time and I said, "Yes, would it be possible to see if I qualify for the Macy's Visa?  Or would I have to apply for it?"  She said, "Let me check on that for you" and put me on hold for another few minutes and came back and said that she talked to her supervisor and that I would be approved for the Visa but since it's a different department, she said it would take up to 2 billing cycles for it to go through and to receive the card.Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised   WOW!!!  Talk about a "Jaw Dropper"  I was fully expecting the "nothing available" response from the CSR...lol.  Thanks for all the Macy's threads!! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

Cool! Congrats!
Message 2 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that's a productive day.  Congrats!

Message 3 of 59
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Thanks!!  I know, Huh?  I'm still stunned.  Now if Target would just come around.....(fat chance, I know).  lol

Message Edited by unknown_entity on 07-30-2008 03:59 PM
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 59
fused
Moderator Emeritus

That's Fantastic Unknown. Congrats!
Message 5 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

unknown_entity wrote:
Thanks!!  I know, Huh?  I'm still stunned.  Now if Target would just come around.....(fat chance, I know).  lol

Yeah, for you and me both.

Message 6 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Good to hear some success when lenders are becoming so stingy!
Message 7 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I JUST CALLED GOT A STINGY 200 CLI NOW 700 BETTER THAN NOTHING..
Message 8 of 59
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

maxima1 wrote:
I JUST CALLED GOT A STINGY 200 CLI NOW 700 BETTER THAN NOTHING..

That's pretty good...You're right too, better than nothing.  My Mom has a 730+-5 pts on all 3 CR's and they only started her at a $600 CL.  Like I said, Im stunned, in shock even at todays bombshell!!  I just hope the Macys Visa comes through.  I was told once before that I would get the Visa and all I got was a denial letter about 5 weeks later....LOL.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 9 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 
Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.