Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Synchrony Account Closure Thread

tag
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed all of my accounts today

@Remedios wrote:

....Wild conjectures, conspiracy theories,  nursing home and assisted living applications, aliens, lawsuits etc...aren't it. 

all that belongs in the "Why Ms. Disco did/did not give me a CLI when I asked?" thread  Smiley Very HappySmiley Tongue 

Message 691 of 1,099
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

This thread has gone sideways and upside down more times than my limited math ability can calculate, and now we're in tinfoil zone. 

The topic here is Synchrony card closures, and stories related to them 

Wild conjectures, conspiracy theories,  nursing home and assisted living applications, aliens, lawsuits etc...aren't it. 

@Remedios For the win!  Smiley LOLSmiley LOL  I can walk away from my computer now as I know that shy of going to a comedy show, nothing is going to top this today.  LOL!!!

Message 692 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They closed my paypal mastercard 8 hours before I was due to receive $200 in rewards points.   Nasty scam bank.

Now that is pretty dirty, I must admit.

Or maybe they just thought it was risky. $200 = $10K worth of charges. 

Message 693 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They closed my paypal mastercard 8 hours before I was due to receive $200 in rewards points.   Nasty scam bank.

Then why let me continue to make purchases until the final hours before my rewards tick.  <mod cut - All posts on myFICO must be Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful. - KiB>

Message 694 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Then why let me continue to make purchases until the final hours before my rewards tick.  <mod cut - All posts on myFICO must be Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful. - KiB>

<mod cut - Collateral damage. - KiB>

Synchrony has been twitchy about risk. It's totally reasonable to think that $10K in charges in a single month might sketch them out. I don't know how the rest of your profile is but Sync doesn't really seem to care about that anyway. 

Message 695 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Synchrony has been twitchy about risk. It's totally reasonable to think that $10K in charges in a single month might sketch them out. I don't know how the rest of your profile is but Sync doesn't really seem to care about that anyway. 

The timing of the closure is the issue at hand that makes Synchrony a scam bank, not the closure itself - that just makes Synchrony a bad bank.

Message 696 of 1,099
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The timing of the closure is the issue at hand that makes Synchrony a scam bank, not the closure itself - that just makes Synchrony a bad bank.

not to their shareholders Smiley Happy

Message 697 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Master Synchrony Account Closure Thread

Every one of our 3 SYNCHRONY accounts have been closed, without reason. What is happening?

Message 698 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome @Anonymous

I'm very sorry for what happened to you. They are an unpredictable company that cannot be relied upon and this is maybe the only predictable thing about them. This is what they do in economic downturns; it’s not the first time and won’t be the last, so when you deal with synchrony, you have to expect this is a possibility.

Message 699 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. Basically, I have zero chance of having my account reopened, do I?

Message 700 of 1,099
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.