Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard Credit Cards with high limits/Fair credit score

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Mastercard Credit Cards with high limits/Fair credit score

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I realize that Capital One as well as Discover Cards are very generous with their credit limits, but Capital One does not accept Plastiq payments to mortgage companies, which is why I need a specific Mastercard brand card in order to accomplish this.  Discover does accept Plastiq payments, so I'll probably just end up applying with them.

Capital One Savor is a MasterCard.

I don't know anything about plastiq.

Why can't you use a blank check transfer and deposit it in your checking account to pay bills?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You hit it on the head....5k+.  My monthly expenses add up to that amount.  I'm thinking of applying for a mastercard or discover, and if I don't get the 5k credit limit, I'll just apply for the Capital One Venture card where I know I'll be granted minimum 5k.  I already ran the pre-approvals, so I'm friendly, but set there.

Citi [MC] cards are also Plastiq-friendly, but given your current scores and not knowing much else about your overall profile, DTI/income, etc., it would be difficult to predict what SL you'd obtain, if approved. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really short credit history, so I am not in the position yet where I receive those promotional blank checks from the credit card company to deposit in the bank, which is then applied to your credit card debt.  Capitol One has one card which is Mastercard (the platinum card) but my limit is only $500.00, far below what i need to pay my expenses.  Plastiq will not pay your mortgage if it is with Visa or Capital One.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right, I didn't think Capital One is a Mastercard.  I've just heard that Capital One started refusing mortgage payments through Plastiq recently.  Maybe I'll call them to find out for sure, thanks!

Message 14 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1 doesnt allow plastiq for whatever reason for the time being

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure how the family issue factors into getting the card, putting all your expenses on it, and having the cash to pay it all, and then continuing it forever.

Are you just looking to maximize points, regardless of the family matter? If so, you can put other expenses on it and carry a balance at 0%, then pay it off when the promo expires. 

I was thinking you need the card to pay other expenses, such as medical expenses, rather than regular expenses which you said you have the income to pay them in full. Given that, you might have better options for point accumulation.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would you want to throw away money on Plastiq fees is what I don't understand? You're looking at a 2.5% fee most of the time which obviously can only partially be offset by rewards. 

Message 17 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

A bit off topic, but i constantly am getting targeted for 1% fee for plastiq.  Been awhile since i used it so probably trying to get my business back.  Get an email every week at least for 1% cc fees.  I need to take them up on i sooner than later

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.