Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard Elite 3x Rewards Unlimited from CU

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Mastercard Elite 3x Rewards Unlimited from CU

@Neiltyson wrote:

When people say geofenced though, are you only talking about living in South Florida to join? Or also for people that will use this card outside of Florida?

Geofencing has nothing to do with where you use a card.  It has to do with a typical requirement of a credit union's charter that you live, work, or worship within a certain geographic area to qualify for membership.  Usually, "once a member, always a member" and where you use the card is irrelevant. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 31 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Mastercard Elite 3x Rewards Unlimited from CU

@Aim_High wrote:

@Neiltyson wrote:

When people say geofenced though, are you only talking about living in South Florida to join? Or also for people that will use this card outside of Florida?

Geofencing has nothing to do with where you use a card.  It has to do with a typical requirement of a credit union's charter that you live, work, or worship within a certain geographic area to qualify for membership.  Usually, "once a member, always a member" and where you use the card is irrelevant. 

I was going to reply saying something similar, but then I thought:

If the CU got very aggressive about enforcement, they could question the good faith of the original application, did you really live in the area as claimed.   From what  @Neiltyson said, this is a childhood home and haven't been back there for a year.

I think it's unlikely that it would be an issue, but, IMO at least, it's different from really living there, joining,  and then moving away, which we all agree would not be a problem.

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.