Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Number Of Chase Cards

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Max Number Of Chase Cards

@RSCo wrote:

I was wondering how Chase tracks or determines the number of allowable CCs per customer.. For instance, I have CSP with a 25k CL and a Chase Amazon Rewards with a 7k CL.. I'm concerned I'll get flagged or denied if I were to app for the Chase United Milelage Plus Explr Card... Does anyone know what the card limit is for Chase? I'm just trying to avoid any AA.

You can definitely have more than 2 Chase cards as others have indicated in this thread.  I have 4.  About 7 seems to be a safe number before they seem to start getting concerned about number of cards and may start questioning you on why you're applying for another but YMMV.

If you bump into your internal limit with an application you can reallocate to open the new card.  AA is unlikely unless your activity makes you look like a churner or a risk for other reasons but applying for a third card probably won't do that.

@RSCo wrote:

My current balance on my Amazon card is $0 and I'm sitting at $2,700 on the CSP after making a $7,800 payment this week. I normally carry a balance of around 3k on that card each month.

Carry or allow one to report?  The CSP has a high APR for carrying balances and doing is likely to  negate any rewards.

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm probably the biggest Chase fangirl around but I can't justify an annual fee on every single card. But they have the best cards and best bonuses.

Make sure you're considering total cost/benefit and not just AF/no AF.

Message 51 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bb91

I'd close a couple before that.
Message 52 of 55
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Well I'm a baby in the eyes of Chase. I only have the Freedom but plan on getting the CSP in a few months. I really do like the Chase offerings and may add another down the line if I can get benefit from it. The Marriot looks good.

Message 53 of 55
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

I have 6 in my signature, going to app for 7 and 8 soon

I wouldn't if I were in your shoes.  I will say this again, Chase is notorious for approving cards and upon monthly reviews shut down all cards.  7 maybe but 8 I'd stay away from.

Do a quick search with via google when you have time and you will see what I am talking about.

8 for personal?I want to app for Ink Plus and then Hyatt,and close My United afterward

Message 54 of 55
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@bb91

I'd close a couple before that.

is there any particular reason Chase can close all your accts?i want an Inkplus and Hyatt,only card that i'm thinking about closing is United,and then maybe BA when it's 12 months old

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.