Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxing Out PayPal Credit Question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maxing Out PayPal Credit Question?

I recently obtained PayPal Credit and want to make a purchase using that line for the No Payments, No Interest for 6 months. The purchase will max the card out leaving about $30 until it's paid down. I know this won't affect utilization since it doesn't report but will that make me look bad through the lender? Input is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maxing Out PayPal Credit Question?

I maxed mine out, & am currently paying it down, taking advantage of the same offer. Not sure who the lender is, but since it doesn't post to my report, imo I could care less that they think of me. Actually, once I get it to 0 I don't plan on touching it again.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome... thinks for the input. The lender is Comenity and I have several cards through them which is why I was hesitant!
Message 3 of 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Yup it's backed by comenity and it's not reported. Just and FYI though, no interest for 6 months is if you pay it all off. 1 day goes by and you get the full interest from the day it posted to your account. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! I made sure to read all stipulations. It will be paid off well within 6 months!
Message 5 of 12
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Ummm; MY pay pal is backed by GE now Synch, and IS reported...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have PayPal credit or an actual credit card? I've yet to see anyone's paypal credit report.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you have PayPal credit or an actual credit card? I've yet to see anyone's paypal credit report.

PayPal credit never reports unless it's something bad.  The PayPal credit card does report.

Message 8 of 12
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PayPal credit never ports unless it's something bad.  The PayPal credit card does report.

Ah.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  I have the PayPal credit card.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PayPal credit never ports unless it's something bad.  The PayPal credit card does report.

Ah.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  I have the PayPal credit card.

NP. It happens a lot

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.