Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mega Discover CLI

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Mega Discover CLI

My 6 months came up on my Discover Open Road card this month. I tried so hard to not request a CLI and to see if they would give me an auto, but temptation got the best of me.

I called in and requested a CLI from 6k to 10k and was approved after speaking to one of the reps in the credit department. This was after an initial denial from the front door CSR. 

I pulled my TC this morning and I didn't see an inquiry, so hopefully one won't show up. 

Here we go again...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mega Discover CLI

My 6 month mark was yesterday and no auto for me. I'm thinking about calling for one. What number did you use?
Message 2 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What number did you use?

I used the normal 1-800-DISCOVER number on the back of my card. 

Here we go again...
Message 3 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

that's a nice increase, woohoo!  did you already have 10k+ lines before you got this one? 

according to other recent posts who received an initial denial and then reconned Discover, there will be a hard inquiry.  most likely TU or EX.  if not, even better, but i'd imagine it's worth it either way for the nice increase you got.  Congrats!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:

My 6 months came up on my Discover Open Road card this month. I tried so hard to not request a CLI and to see if they would give me an auto, but temptation got the best of me.

I called in and requested a CLI from 6k to 10k and was approved after speaking to one of the reps in the credit department. This was after an initial denial from the front door CSR. 

I pulled my TC this morning and I didn't see an inquiry, so hopefully one won't show up. 

Mega congrats on that mega CLI, Fretless!  WTG!! 

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 5 of 8
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

fretless,

did you ask to speak to someone inparticular? bc I like you called for a cli as my 6 months was up end of nov and i didnt get an auto cli, so i called the beginning of the week and they man said i wasn't approved and i would get a letter stating why...my starting cl is $3000, in this day and age i'd be happy with any cli, i'm not picky..any info you can provide fretless would be most helpful..

thanks & congrats

can't wait until the day i have a $10000cl on any of my cards Smiley Very Happy

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 6 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

that's a nice increase, woohoo!  did you already have 10k+ lines before you got this one? 

@Anonymous, I have multiple 10k+ lines. My highest is Chase Freedom @ 25k. 

Here we go again...
Message 7 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@bamagirl1 wrote:

fretless,

did you ask to speak to someone inparticular?

They transfered me over to some department, which I want to say was called the Credit Department. They took down my employment info and said that's all they needed and I would know something within 24 hours. 

It was there the next time I logged in (some hours later). 

Here we go again...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.