Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership rewards to Starriott

tag
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Membership rewards to Starriott

Is Starwood (Marriott) no longer a transfer partner for membership rewards?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Membership rewards to Starriott

@fittiger wrote:

All Starwood points converted over to Marriott points back on August 1st in anticipation for the new rewards program to officially launch later this month on August 18th. So technically it's not gone it's just been unified unless I'm not understanding the question correctly.

Message 2 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

It is my understanding that Marriott (formerly Starwood) will remain a transfer partner at a 1:1 transfer rate.  @K-in-Boston may be able to chime in to correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 3 of 5
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@fittiger wrote:

All Starwood points converted over to Marriott points back on August 1st in anticipation for the new rewards program to officially launch later this month on August 18th. So technically it's not gone it's just been unified unless I'm not understanding the question correctly.

I went to Membership Rewards to check what the transfer ratio to Starwood/Marriott is with the merger, and neither Starwood nor Marriott is listed as a transfer partner option, only Hilton and Choice.

Message 4 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Starwood is no longer a transfer partner of American Express, as for nearly all purposes Starwood will no longer exist in 2 weeks.  Membership Rewards will transfer to Marriott "Points" (this is the official name of the combined point system until a new name is announced in 2019) at a 1:1 ratio, and transfers should be available later this month after the loyalty merger is complete.

Here is my post from June 4th detailing the changes in the Amex Platinum terms as it relates to Starwood and other factors.  In my Amex online account and app, Starpoints have been renamed to "Points" but YTD points earned have not yet tripled, and Amex has already sent out an email stating that there will likely be a delay in my points posting from my SPG statement that closes next week.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.