Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Credit Cards or Reallocating Credit Lines

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Merging Credit Cards or Reallocating Credit Lines

There have been a few posts here and there recommending people "merge cards" or "re-allocate" credit lines. I have some recent experience attempting to use the online credit line reallocation feature with American Express, but I was curious to hear of any other recent (last 6 month) success stories with people being able to either combine cards or reallocate  credit lines. With the economy slowly improving, I wonder if this is a feature credit card issuers are bringing back. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Merging Credit Cards or Reallocating Credit Lines

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

There have been a few posts here and there recommending people "merge cards" or "re-allocate" credit lines. I have some recent experience attempting to use the online credit line reallocation feature with American Express, but I was curious to hear of any other recent (last 6 month) success stories with people being able to either combine cards or reallocate  credit lines. With the economy slowly improving, I wonder if this is a feature credit card issuers are bringing back. Thoughts?

Were you able to reallocate your credit lines with AMEX?

Message 2 of 4
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Were you able to reallocate your credit lines with AMEX?

Although the option was available to me online through the Amex site, they would not let me re-allocate from a card that was opened for less than 12 months.

Message 3 of 4
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

BUMP

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.