Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Free Fico Score

tag
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Merrick Bank Free Fico Score

So I just realized that since I have paperless statements they are giving me a free FICO score. Is this a TU score? I'm thinking it is but it's hard to tell. I did see some small words about TU in there I believe. Just checking to see if anyone else noticed this? 

Thanks!

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Free Fico Score

Wow I need to check this out, they just gave me another auto CLI, this is my former Hooters card

Message 2 of 30
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

All I know is that mine was an insultingly low number and it said in huge letters that I'm in the "not good" category.  Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

The display page ("Go Score") is trademarked TransUnion

Message 4 of 30
john398
Senior Contributor

Just signed up, must be a real FICO score because it says

Go here to learn about your score

https://cso.merrickbank.com/myFICO_UYFS_Booklet.pdf

Which is associated with myFico, I wonder what version they use though? maybe its the same as WalMart??

I know it comes from TU

Message 5 of 30
junior88
Frequent Contributor

I do not think it's the same as WalMart because last months were off by 40 points between the 2. It may be the same as myfico though, I pulled mine from here last month and it''s closer to the that. Although I had a lender pull also and it was within 4 points of that.  I'm certain it is not the WalMart version at least!

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 6 of 30
quarius
Regular Contributor

Im pretty sure when i was trying to loggin i saw that it said equifax 8 scoring model. Does that sound right cause i dont know how these different #'r. Also noted that that score is 1 point different than my myfico equifax score from here. I know it does say transunion at the bottom of page. So if this is right im cancelling my subscription here.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 7 of 30
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I received an offer from Merrick last week.   I did the research on them and they have terrible reviews.

Somebody even started a website about them.  http://www.merrickbanksucks.com/

Message 8 of 30
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

I received an offer from Merrick last week.   I did the research on them and they have terrible reviews.

I just accepted the card offer in the mail for the free FICO....Might cancel that crap out...especially since I read that they dont like new open tradelines....Id hurt their feelings so bad if they ever told me that...seriously

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 9 of 30
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

I just accepted the card offer in the mail for the free FICO....Might cancel that crap out...especially since I read that they dont like new open tradelines....Id hurt their feelings so bad if they ever told me that...seriously

I can vouch for that...i have been with them for about 8 months....always kept a very low balance (PIF most of times)..i was so anxious to get my first CLI (cuz they are know to give auto CLI pretty often) I received a letter by mail and got excited thinking it was about my CLI i was eagerly anticipating but to my surprise it was a letter warning me that i had opened too many new accounts and that if i kept doing that they would have to close my account...LOL....so my credit limit is still at 650. I was about to close my account with them when i saw the new "Go Score" service they provide and thats the only reason i kept it open.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.