Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank closed my account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick Bank closed my account

SOB's at Merrick Bank closed my account. The idiots say it was closed because of my EQ credit report showing I have new accounts showing. I opened up less than 6 accounts in over 6 months. I had the card when I had credit scores in the 500's and now it's in the 700's they screwing with me. Card was less than a year old and had a 27.99% APR so yes, it was collecting dust.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank closed my account

Sorry to hear that OP.

Take some solace in the fact that these closures and CLD actions are widespread among almost all lenders, everyone stands a chance of getting AA even if they are among the best of customers.

No one is immune , just lucky to avoid the radar.

If you follow the markets, banks and lending institutions are in almost as bad shape again as when the original TARP $ was distributed a couple months ago.

These actions haven't even begun to slow down or stop. They will probably increase.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 3
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank closed my account

I agree with Jax, dont take it personal. In today's time, many banks are taking AA. With scores like yours, depending if this was a high cl you lost, you would be able to make it up through cli on other cards. Still be happy with your progress.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.