Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank

Automatic for me and with hight util too, the thing is I have heard people paying off there ballance and Merrick than closing the card.....not sure why, by the way this was the former hooters card for me

Message 11 of 23
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

I have had Merrick for about 2 years and have never received an cli....wth??? I guess its next up on the chopping block.

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 23
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Merrick Bank has given me CLI's about every 6 to 9 months. I started out with the Hooters Mastercard (issued by Merrick Bank) at $600 and each year they've done an automatic CLI. I'm now at $2,100...however, there are no rewards with their Visa card and the only reason why I got the card in the first place was for the points accrued and used at Hooters' restaurants. 

Message 13 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:
I have had Merrick for about 2 years and have never received an cli....wth??? I guess its next up on the chopping block.

do you use the card much? I think they like high usage or a high bal to give a cli to

Message 14 of 23
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I think they only give auto CLIs, which are reviewed by a person.  I don't get one if I have no balance.  I didn't get one for many years, either.  I have the secured card with them and I am certainly tired of the monthly fee and the fact that don't upgrade or give rewards.  I also hate the fact that they never return the security deposit.  My love for them is waning and when I get an Amex card, they are history.  I really want the security deposit back.  I figure that after almost 6 years they should be able to trust me.  My current balance is 0.  Which means I won't get a CLI any time soon.  When I did have a balance it was never at the limit, usually anywhere from just a few hundred dollars to about 50%.  The increases were up to $400 and happened about every 3 - 4 months.  It also did not depend on whether I PIF or revolved the amount.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 15 of 23
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Hooray for programming humor!

I just opened a Merrick Secured card within the past month. Some people say they've received CLI's with it, but they're always auto. With all the fearing of new accounts and whatnot, it seems like Merrick has an internal risk model they use.

Here we go again...
Message 16 of 23
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

@John398,
No, i never carry a balance. I always pif as soon as charges hit. Maybe that's it, idk.

Message 17 of 23
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, forgot to answer completely...no i don't use it much at all. Just wait til monthly fee hits then pif. I can't remember what was the last charge where i swiped the card :-/

Message 18 of 23
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I've been away for a hot minute. Has quoting changed? Does hitting the Reply button to a post no longer import that post?

Here we go again...
Message 19 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

I've been away for a hot minute. Has quoting changed? Does hitting the Reply button to a post no longer import that post?

it works for me but YMMV

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.