Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick Card

The limit doubled after 6 months, but will it continue to double every 6 or is it done and should I cancel it before the AR in July?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Card

If you have better cards close it.... looks like the same kind of card offer like Credit one

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 20
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Well, it's not as bad as Credit One, but it ain't great either.

I don't believe that it will double again, but it will continue to give you SP CLI's every four or five months...wifey never got around to closing hers, and they just gave her another CLI.  Interest rate is a bit high tho.

As mentioned, if you have better cards, you can let it go...but you will continue to get cli's as long as it's active and you don't go over your limit.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The limit doubled after 6 months, but will it continue to double every 6 or is it done and should I cancel it before the AR in July?

Before saying you should cancel or not, what other credit cards do you have?  Also, I highly doubt it is going to be doubled every six months..

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A question in the back of my mind and it's been chewing at me for quite a while.... 

Will the increase still occur even if you never use the card at all?

I paid the AF in full the day it arrived and it's been in the sock drawer due to having rewards and spend bonuses on others that arrived at the same time.  I've wondered if the clock has been stopped since the card has seen zero use.  If I charge netflix to it and and pif immediately(so I don't forget about it), will the clock restart IF that's the case?

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never used mine, ever, it doubled.

I have NFCU, bofa BBR, discover, Amex BCE,Amex prg, bbva NBA Amex citi Expedia preferred elite Barclay bunch others lol.

I'll close it
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I never used mine, ever, it doubled.

I have NFCU, bofa BBR, discover, Amex BCE,Amex prg, bbva NBA Amex citi Expedia preferred elite Barclay bunch others lol.

I'll close it

With your line up, Close it like yesterday..

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A question in the back of my mind and it's been chewing at me for quite a while.... 

I paid the AF in full the day it arrived and it's been in the sock drawer due to having rewards and spend bonuses on others that arrived at the same time.  I've wondered if the clock has been stopped since the card has seen zero use.  If I charge netflix to it and and pif immediately(so I don't forget about it), will the clock restart IF that's the case?

This was my question as well, but it looks like it has been answered, although either way I'm committed to cancelling it when it hits 11 months old, 1 annual fee is enough for a lifetime with a no benefits card.

Message 8 of 20
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No it will NOT. I had one, just closed it last week. I was getting CLI's when I was using it and paying it off each month and was getting auto CLI's. Once I stopped using it because better came along, I never got another CLI again lol. 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 20
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I used to have this card. It doubled, I believe on the 7th statement, and didn't receive an increase there after. To my understanding there's no way for a customer to initiate a CLI, only Merrick will give an auto increase but there is no set increment for this to happen.

Personal:

Business:

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.