Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick credit card

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Merrick credit card

Not sure if this is the place i post this. I have a Merrick credit card that i will get a credit limit soon. Do lenders look at your credit limits to get approved for a credit card? I"m new to credit, sorry.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick credit card

Speaking of the Merrick Bank Double-Your-Limit credit card, I have it and I just had my balanced doubled earlier last night.

Asafr as creditors, in particular, credit card issuers looking at your currnet credit limit, I thnk they do.

Several people have stated that when it comes to secured credit cards that if you could afford it, you should put a decent amount on the card, as I've heard people put anywhere from $700 to $2,500 or more, strictly because, when it comes time for you to obtain other cards, you want to get something comparable to your highest credit limit.

If you have a combination of secured/subprime cards with low limit, then chances are high, once you graduate or even apply for another card and get approved, that they are going to give you a comparable credit limit.

Personally, if I had it all over to do again, i wouldn't have obtain five secured credit cards, i would have obtained three and place at a minimum $1000 to a max of $5000 on each and when it came ime for me to get an nsecured verison, chances are good that I get cards with comparable limits.

I'd take the intial hit and put $5K on a secured card, knowing th money is going to be returned, should I manage my card correctly, compared to companies like My Jewelers Club.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.