tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: Merrill + vs. BofA Travel Rewards

@budugu wrote:

@espnjunkie wrote:

https://card.ml.com/RWDapp/ml/merrillplus

^Is the link

I received that as my starting limit. I applied over the phone, then called in as soon as I got the 30 day message. After answering a few questions from a senior credit analyst I was approved and had the card expedited. 

What are your FICO scores? Average age of accounts? utilization right now? Any baddies? Income? Assests? What cards do you currently have? Current credit limits? 

What was the recon number y

@espnjunkie wrote:

@mab6311 wrote:

@espnjunkie wrote:

Wait at least 6 months, maintain perfect payment history, and lower your utilization right before applying and you stand a shot. 

Many people overlook this card because on the surface it seems to be a 1% rewards card. There are so many additional benefits though that I cannot believe this card carriers no annual fee. 

Not certain about income requirements, but very good credit history is a must. 

Do you have a link of what additional benefits you get with the card? I tried searching didn't get to much info besides its a FTF. Also you have a nice limit on the card, did you get that right away or you build up to it? I have a BOA cash 123 have had for 4-5 years always paid bill on time and in full would this help me get it? 

https://card.ml.com/RWDapp/ml/merrillplus

^Is the link

I received that as my starting limit. I applied over the phone, then called in as soon as I got the 30 day message. After answering a few questions from a senior credit analyst I was approved and had the card expedited. 

What are your FICO scores? Average age of accounts? utilization right now? Any baddies? Income? Assests? What cards do you currently have? Current credit limits? 

What was the recon number you used? Looks like FIA recently closed most of the back door numbers?

I honestly do not remember what the recon number was. Call bank of america and ask 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 21 of 31
budugu
Regular Contributor

Got approved with out a reconsideration line (15K CL  I think one of the largest that i got initially). But none of the BoA (i tried at least 10) seems to be working! In retrospect should not have cancelled the card in the first place few years ago.

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 22 of 31
Untitled
New Contributor

Hey guys, does any have the number where you apply for the Merrill+ card? I tried 1-800-637-7455 with no success, anyone know what number Im suppossed to call?

Message 23 of 31
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Another benefit of the Merrill + card....

That awesome looking bull on the front ! ! !    It's an attention getter for sure ! ! !  Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 31
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Untitled wrote:

Hey guys, does any have the number where you apply for the Merrill+ card? I tried 1-800-637-7455 with no success, anyone know what number Im suppossed to call?

Try ML Account Services at 877- 4MLCREDIT (465-2733)

Message 25 of 31
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

The FIA (BofA / Merrill / Fidelity) numbers are interchangeable, there are no different application or account services departments for Merrill.

in other words: you can just call the bofa numbers to get where you want

However, the FIA (read: BoA) representatives often don't know much on the merrill cards (eg never heard of the total merrill card) The conclusion I think we can make is that that card is no longer offered, only merrill+

FIA won't suggest the merrill+ card unless you ask for it.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 26 of 31
amakol
Regular Contributor

Do you have to call in to apply for Merrill+? Can it be done online?

Also, what's the exact relationship between BOA/FIA/Merrill-Lynch? Can you PC from one brand to the other? Does the Merrill+ card have a separate login from BOA? Thanks.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 27 of 31
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

does anyone know if you can PC from a cash rewards card to the ML card? 

Message 28 of 31
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@espnjunkie wrote:

Wait at least 6 months, maintain perfect payment history, and lower your utilization right before applying and you stand a shot. 

Many people overlook this card because on the surface it seems to be a 1% rewards card. There are so many additional benefits though that I cannot believe this card carriers no annual fee. 

Not certain about income requirements, but very good credit history is a must. 

That's where I got caught up too when seeing people praise the card!  Can you give a short summary of the other benefits?

1) You get better customer service representatives because this is Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, an entirely different department than standard BoA

2) No forex fees + EMV technology

3) No annual fee

4) 24/7 Les Concierges service, Merrill Trip Advisor service

5) Better than meets the eye reward system, many roundtrip domestic flights can be redeemed for 25,000 points. Merrill Mall gives very generous bonus point offers

6) Can exchange points to British Airways and Delta I believe, flight discounts as well

7) Free LOUNGE Club, Delta Sky Lounge or Admirals Club membership with $50,000.00 annual spending on the card ($450.00 value)

8) Specials priveliges with Hertz

9) Excellent travel insurance, including delay, medical, trip insurance, car insurance, extended warranty, emergency evacuation insurance, lost luggage

10) Credit lines upto $250,000.00 offered

11) All other benefits of Visa Signature as well 

12) Any BoA/Merrill card gets you into many museums free the first weekend of each month

The 2014 benefits guide should come out shortly that will explain any updates

Can you redeem your points for cashback? If so, what's the redemption rate?

Message 29 of 31
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Only by phone, can't find an online app

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.