Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might Be Helpful-- Got this off AOL Money Part 1- This is scary stuff

tag
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Re: Might Be Helpful-- Got this off AOL Money Part 1- This is scary stuff

I don't "play around" with CCs and/or late payments. That happened once due to a medical problem I was going through.
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 11 of 15
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand auto payment doesn't work for people who have constant cash flow problems. but that in itsels is a issue you need to deal with.   but I'm sick hearing people crying about 3rd party services like checkfree has technical problems and their rates get jack, when they can go direct to the source.

Well ain't you just perfect. If you are sick of hearing people discussing their cashflow/credit issues you are in the wrong place.

Since I am not perfect, as you apparently are, I made lots of mistakes, like getting laid off twice, medical problems, and such. Lazy irresponsible me.

I am currently working 2 full time jobs, plus all the side work I can get my hands on, and am still having cashflow problems, just trying to keep my head above water.

So, kindly take your supperior attitude and place it next to your head!!!!

Message Edited by jaguls66 on 08-06-2007 01:53 PM

Yes, thank you for saying that! It's insulting when some people just assume things.
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand auto payment doesn't work for people who have constant cash flow problems. but that in itsels is a issue you need to deal with.   but I'm sick hearing people crying about 3rd party services like checkfree has technical problems and their rates get jack, when they can go direct to the source.

Well ain't you just perfect. If you are sick of hearing people discussing their cashflow/credit issues you are in the wrong place.

Since I am not perfect, as you apparently are, I made lots of mistakes, like getting laid off twice, medical problems, and such. Lazy irresponsible me.

I am currently working 2 full time jobs, plus all the side work I can get my hands on, and am still having cashflow problems, just trying to keep my head above water.

So, kindly take your supperior attitude and place it next to your head!!!!

I'm just saying if people want to put their good credit in the hands of unriliable services, that's their choice , but I  wouldn't . bescause  computer systems break down, 3rd party systems aren't fool poof.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... back to the original question of how can you be reported as 30 days late if you're only one or two days late?

The credit card companies can deem you as late even if you're one HOUR late.  Check the fine print, there is an exact time of day for your due date.  If the postman takes a break and drives up to Capitol One's processing center a little late, it could be too bad for you.

When your credit history is reported to the CRAs, the CCCs have only a few choices: pays as agreed; 30 days late; 60 days late; not reported, etc.  There is no option between "pays as agreed" and 30 days late.  The system isn't set up to report "one or two days late" "two or three days late" etc.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I so believe this!  I had a collection account added and barely nothing dropped, yet i had a delinquent utility go 30 days and whammy my score dropped 70 points...
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.