Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might leave the garden this weekend!!!?

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Might leave the garden this weekend!!!?

Eh so this weekend I think I will plan to step out the garden and app for the CSP, as I think I should have a better shot at it now since the first denial. I have progess some of my existing cards to have a CL past 5k+ ( which was the only reason for denial when I had spoke to the back door CSR as "He" said everything was grea: Score, and overall credit profile). What do you guys think? should i jump the fence? 

P.S. yes i have some new accounts that i recently gotten but I think my chances shuld be better now since I let them aged forabit already, and my scores should be alot higher now, the last time i pulled my fico score it was still at 700+. So over the weekend my CR will be updated to reflect 0 balances and utilization of  only 1%. Also I know that Chase will pull EX since I am in NYC and on my Ex it has 6 inq ( 2 are about 1.9 years old so it doesn't really count i guess, so I only have 4 inq.)

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Might leave the garden this weekend!!!?

The only thing I would worry about is the new accounts issue but outside of that...you seem like you have a good shot at approval. Keep us updated when you decided to app!
Message 2 of 8
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

SMELLS LIKE AN INSTANT APPROVAL!!!! :smileyvery-happy Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Message 3 of 8
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I hope so fingers crossed: when i was deny previously the Recon Senior analyst I think, prasied how everything was great( Ex: never late ever!, no baddies etc etc), but they had to deny me because i didn't have a CL past 5k they can match to. The guy even told me to reapp again once i have a TL of 5k+  

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

I hope so fingers crossed: when i was deny previously the Recon Senior analyst I think, prasied how everything was great( Ex: never late ever!, no baddies etc etc), but they had to deny me because i didn't have a CL past 5k they can match to. The guy even told me to reapp again once i have a TL of 5k+  

How long ago was the decline and how long have you had the 5k limits?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

I say go for it!

Now that I'm back in the garden, I'm living vicariously through everyone else's approvals! LOL!

Seriously though, it sounds like you have achieved what was needed to get approved as per the rep you previously spoke with.

Crossing my fingers for you! Keep us updated.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It would depend on how long you've had the $5k TL. If it isn't significantly aged, I wouldn't app but if its 6 ms, then go for it.

Good luck!
Message 7 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Gl! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.