Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🚀 MileZ + CB Programs

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

🚀 MileZ + CB Programs

Hello guys, I'm looking to find ways to maximize my MR, as I find it difficult to get rewards from with only 2 cards and I doubt I will be getting a charge card that is worth the annual fee. However, have anybody used Rocket miles and got points the points pertaining to their selective program? I tried Ebates but it haven't been the best.

Does anybody use Dosh, Drop, or any cash back sites to get cash back. The only shopping portal that I'm focusing on is Chase. But wanted to hear your guys experience on other avenues. Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: 🚀 MileZ + CB Programs

I like to check cashbackmonitor. If you want to avoid ebates, you may find single-airline portals more rewarding than Chase. Of course, it does mean earning fairly specialized points rather than somewhat flexible ones.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

I get a lot of MR points from Ebates, Rocketmiles and Amex offers.

For all my non Hilton stats I use RM and get between 15x - 22x MR point per $1. The rate maybe $5 more sometimes but all in all I have been pleased.

I switched from chase to Amex for most my spend. Amex has made very easy to accumulate MR points at a faster rate than I was earning UR points.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 9
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Yeah, I think you're right, I will be using the SW shopping, dining and start using their program then to accumulate SW points.
Message 4 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

For all my non Hilton stats I use RM and get between 15x - 22x MR point per $1. The rate maybe $5 more sometimes but all in all I have been pleased.

I switched from chase to Amex for most my spend. Amex has made very easy to accumulate MR points at a faster rate than I was earning UR points.

Do you have a favored way of booking Star Alliance flights (or anything that's not a DL/AA codeshare)?

That is, some substitute reward for the miles you would have earned as a frequent flyer.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

Since then Ebates and Amex partnership I have stopped AA and UR portals because Amex offers transfer bonuses on their travel partners giving more value to my MR points total.

Delta portal is now useless if you have an MR point card to use with ebates.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 6 of 9
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Yeah, on the RM I saw they have Uber, MR, SW, and other AL programs but not UR, so I could understand how MR is accumulated very fast, I saw for only like maybe $120+ or so spend you get like 5K MR or so, thats a pretty good deal. But, I guess cause I have like a lot of Chase UR cards so its easy to use so but the thing is I rarely stays in hotels lol.

Message 7 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Do you have a favored way of booking Star Alliance flights (or anything that's not a DL/AA codeshare)?

That is, some substitute reward for the miles you would have earned as a frequent flyer.

Transfer to Blue, Avios and Virgin when there are transfer bonuses.  

Message 8 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Yeah, on the RM I saw they have Uber, MR, SW, and other AL programs but not UR, so I could understand how MR is accumulated very fast, I saw for only like maybe $120+ or so spend you get like 5K MR or so, thats a pretty good deal. But, I guess cause I have like a lot of Chase UR cards so its easy to use so but the thing is I rarely stays in hotels lol.

Don't get me wrong I still have UR cards, CSR and Ink+ but if you don't use SW, United or Hyatt MR points are way ahead of UR points at this time.  The switch was a no brainer for me.  

In addition, I have Plat Biz and get 35% rebate on MR redemptions for using Amex travel portal for Airfare. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.