Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Military Star Card

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Military Star Card

Do you have this CC, and do they report to all three CRAs? TIA!!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Military Star Card

Yes and Yes
Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Isn't Chase supposed to be taking it over soon? Or is that the AFEES card? Or are they the same? Signed, confused. Smiley Tongue

As you can tell, I don't know how many military charge cards there are, and which are Army, which are Navy, etc.!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I am confused too! I'm trying to help my cousin build his credit (now it appears repairing will be necessary too) and he has only one FICO score, TU. He has a Tesoro AU (opened in 99') account and this military star card. I posted my question because he just opened this account in Feb and I know TU is the slowest to update, so if I'm thinking this card (and probably his AU) is not reporting on EQ and EX.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure hte AAFES card and the military star card are the same thing.

It would not surprise me if Chase took over, they are the issuing bank for our club credit card
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone had luck with GW with them? any good address or number?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused-

Reports to all 3 CRAs. AAFES card is the same as Military Star Card.
The change to Chase is and always has been a "coming soon!" feature and as I understand, won't even be mandatory, it will just be a feature they offer.

Great card to have. Really great. They do CLI for good behavior, but don't have the option of requesting CLIs.
Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the help!!!!!
Message 8 of 9
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

For the Chase AAFES card, they are using Ramstein as a test base here in Europe.  I spoke with the BX manager today and he said that the approval rate is very high.  He also said that you can't apply yet online but you should be able to in a few months.  For all of you in Europe, Chase pulls EQ and it shows up as First USA.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.