cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Millionaire has 662 FICO score and gets denied credit. Anyone getting credit with a 662 FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Millionaire has 662 FICO score and gets denied credit. Anyone getting credit with a 662 FICO score?

I'm having trouble getting ANY credit.  I am expanding my business and will need to have some credit cards in my name (even though I have no use for the credit) to establish credit for office rental space and equipment rental.  I currently have a Capitol One Platinum Card.  I have little use for credit as I make $786,000 per year therefore I pay cash for cars and houses.  I have even applied for Discover Card and own over 20,000 shares of their stock (worth over a million dollars) and could not get approved for their card which I think is hilarious. I currently have a 662 FICO score.   I was advised that I should have several different credit cards and am trying to open anything but am having no luck.  Is anyone else with a 662 or lower FICO having luck opening credit cards, and if so, what card should I have any luck with?  I have not a single negative mark on my record (EVER) and my one account says PAYS AS AGREED (any balance is paid off every month).  Your help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Millionaire has 662 FICO score and gets denied credit. Anyone getting credit with a 662 FICO sc

This goes to show that FICO doesn't use income to factor your score.  Just because you make that money doesn't have anything to do with your credit score.  Credit scoring is a science and you need to learn about it here at this forum.  Apply for Orchard Bank.  They'll give you credit. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Millionaire has 662 FICO score and gets denied credit. Anyone getting credit with a 662 FICO sc

Warren Buffet's Fico is 683.

Message 3 of 33
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm having trouble getting ANY credit.  I am expanding my business and will need to have some credit cards in my name (even though I have no use for the credit) to establish credit for office rental space and equipment rental.  I currently have a Capitol One Platinum Card.  I have little use for credit as I make $786,000 per year therefore I pay cash for cars and houses.  I have even applied for Discover Card and own over 20,000 shares of their stock (worth over a million dollars) and could not get approved for their card which I think is hilarious. I currently have a 662 FICO score.   I was advised that I should have several different credit cards and am trying to open anything but am having no luck.  Is anyone else with a 662 or lower FICO having luck opening credit cards, and if so, what card should I have any luck with?  Your help is appreciated.

Lol, i'm not sure what price you bought your DFS stock at but if at current market value you're unrealized loss is half a million. You must be a new business owner? Considering your current disdain for credit. I tend to find those that know little about leverage know even less about finance. But to your point, you will want to look at your full credit picture to find out why you have such a low score. Any deliquents on installments? Or the capital one card that you do have?

Capital one is a easier to get so you may want to try them again. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 4 of 33
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

and a stock valued at 100,00+/share

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 5 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

and a stock valued at 100,00+/share

Gotta love the democratization of credit!

Message 6 of 33
fot1
Established Contributor

Credit one.

Orchard

Fingerhut

Kays

All pretty easy to get..

BofA  and Wells secured cards 

or drop 10k into savings at a local credit union then get there CC

Too many to list..
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

As my post stated, I have already Capitol One.  I bought $100,000 worth of DFS low in 2006.  I can assure you it is now worth over a million.

Message 8 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As my post stated, I have already Capitol One.  I bought $100,000 worth of DFS low in 2006.  I can assure you it is now worth over a million.

Have you tried to recon with Discover?  Perhaps they're not privy to how much of their stock you personally hold.

Message 9 of 33
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was suggesting you get another card with them. Maybe venture one. Its honestly hard to tell you how to improve without know exactly the issue, if its lack of revolving credit then you need another card thats easy to get into (capone). and FYI - discover IPO'd in 2007.....at 25$... so... if you'd held out til this point you've broke even. You may want to double check with your Financial Advisor Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.