Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini APP Spree! CSP + BCE UPDATE!!

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Mini APP Spree! CSP + BCE UPDATE!!

So after 6 months to the day of gardening, I applied for the CSP Mastercard and got a instant approval! OMG! Before I applied, I already was ready for a reconned which I was sure I was going to have to go through. I called to get my CL, and the lady told me it is $5000, my highest yet. I was kind of set back on how mediocre and monotone the lady was. No congrats or anything, and was pretty dry. I asked to have it expedited, and she asked me "why? is there an emergency?" I just told her I have to leave for travel on Monday and would like to get the card by then. She put me on hold for 2 minutes and said okay. I also asked to get it delivered to my work address, and she refused because it's my first CSP card. I thought it was weird as I already have Slate, checking and savings account with them, but whatever.

I want to note that my highest card on my report is $4000 on my Slate and Discover. Discover is actually now $4250. The general sense is that you MUST hve $5000+ CL to qualify, and this was the reason they denied me 6 months ago, but back then my highest CL was $1250.

Latest myFICO: EQ 729

Income: $48k

AAoA 3+ years,

Utilization: 1%

Inquires: 2 in last year(from Chase) and 6 total on my report.

8:30PM UPDATE:

I got home and wanted to finish my app spree so I had my DGF refer me on her AMEX BCE. I applied and got the 7-10 day message. I know from previous experience when my DGF that this could mean nothing. I checked my status online and it said I was APROVED!! Didn't give me a CL so I called and talked to a gentlement who congratulated on joining the AMEX family. He told me that my starting CL is $5400!! My highest so far, twice in a day! The only difference between this app and my CSP app is that I stated my income as $28k because the remaining $20k I stated on my BCE is income from overseas. This just covers myself if I ever get a FR.

So now I am thinking if I should app for another card just to round out my profile for this next couple years. Are there any suggestions? Cash+ is out of my range. What do you guys think about the Citi cards, and BoA cards? I'm probably looking to apply for something that would HP EQ or TU in Massachusetts

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred - APPROVED!

Congrats

Message 2 of 26
adavis425
Established Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 3 of 26
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 26
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Tongue

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 5 of 26
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Looks like a great card, congrats.

What particular benefits drew you to that card?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 26
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

2% back on restaraunts and travel. $400/500 signup bonus. And of course, the card that is metal bahahhaSmiley Very Happy I'm not gonna use it to book my plane tickets for my upcoming trip as Discover has 5% back on internet shopping...

I am building my Chase Trifecta. I am just waiting for November when my Slate is eligible for PC to Freedom. Booyahhh!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 7 of 26
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  Your hard work and patience is definitely paying off.  Well done!  Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 8 of 26
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats! 

Message 9 of 26
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

2% back on restaraunts and travel. $400/500 signup bonus. And of course, the card that is metal bahahhaSmiley Very Happy I'm not gonna use it to book my plane tickets for my upcoming trip as Discover has 5% back on internet shopping...

I am building my Chase Trifecta. I am just waiting for November when my Slate is eligible for PC to Freedom. Booyahhh!

I just got a Freedom. Like the no AF just incase I don't use the card enough later on.

But, ughhh I missed out on the shiny metal card. Smiley Sad

Nice sign up bonus though. That covers the extra AF for awhile.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.