cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini-app spree possible with my current credit history?

tag
uroosa1
Established Member

Re: Mini-app spree possible with my current credit history?

I have no lates or collections. Nothing negative at all. Just positive but just a very short history.

Message 11 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

If I were you I would call your brother asap and get his access number for NFCU. Then I would join and apply for a cash rewards card. They do a HP for membership. You need to at least have a share savings account open I believe to have a cc
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 18
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

What your credit score buddie !!?? You have a high change getting approved for prime cards as long as you play it right. Maybe 3 prime cards and one store card for a good mix.
I suggest do it all in one day so they won't see the inquiry.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@nicholasyud wrote:
What your credit score buddie !!?? You have a high change getting approved for prime cards as long as you play it right. Maybe 3 prime cards and one store card for a good mix.

My understanding is that inquiries post in real time, so they will see it. When I went on my mini-app spree last Aug, my credit monitoring services notified me of the inqs within an hour or so of having put in the app.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 14 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

My understanding is that inquiries post in real time, so they will see it. When I went on my mini-app spree last Aug, my credit monitoring services notified me of the inqs within an hour or so of having put in the app.

+1  last thursday I applied in this order Chase freedom, amazon, walmart, then BOFA to unsecure my card.  All within one hour.  After I was done I checked my TU report and all 4 inquiries were there smiling at me.

OP the only way to make sure they dont technically see the inquiry is if for example you apply with amex: it pulls EX,  then you apply with your CU: they pull EQ,  then you apply with a GE backed product: they pull TU.  

In situations like that there is no way for the lender to see an inquiry from a report they are not pulling

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 15 of 18
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I might be wrong but i guess do an apps Spree then garden.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 18
uroosa1
Established Member

My EQ fico shows at 743. not sure of others.

Where can I find out which companys check which report?

Is there anyone else here that has been approed for amex and other primes

which such a thin one year credit file?

I doubt I could hide the inquries. So which companys should I go with first and second?

Message 17 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

without a doubt i would get the ball rolling with nfcu.  I have nfcu chase boa walmart and amazon.  none of them come close to the limits nfcu has given me.

If your seeking high limits.  The fastest way is nfcu.  They are extremely generous

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.