Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini app spree results

tag
BabyBlue
New Contributor

Mini app spree results

So, I started reading the boards again more recently and decided to "refresh" my credit cards a little after paying off a car loan last month.

I currently have 9 cards, with three new:

Chase Freedom 6k CL

Citi Diamond Preferred 6k CL

Discover More 1.5 CL (approved today)

The remaining cards are:

BOA World Points MC 6k CL

BOA BankAmericard Power Rewards Signature Visa 10k CL (CL not reported to any of the CBs any more Smiley Sad

Sears store card 3.3k CL (Citi is upgrading it to MC)

Shell gas card 2.4k CL

Pottery Barn card3k CL

Home Depot store card 2k CL

I am slightly disappointed with the Discover More CL, but I will take it Smiley Happy Now, it is time to garden....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini app spree results

Congratulations on the new CC's Smiley Happy

I didn't even know Pottery Barn had a CC and a 3K CL to boot, good on you!!

Keep up the Great work!

Message 2 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@BabyBlue wrote:

So, I started reading the boards again more recently and decided to "refresh" my credit cards a little after paying off a car loan last month.

Chase Freedom 6k CL

The remaining cards are:

BOA BankAmericard Power Rewards Signature Visa 10k CL (CL not reported to any of the CBs any more Smiley Sad

Shell gas card 2.4k CL

Pottery Barn card3k CL

I am slightly disappointed with the Discover More CL, but I will take it Smiley Happy Now, it is time to garden....

Congrats on your approval. I am a bit confused about BOA signature visa. I have their cash rewards signature visa and it reports its CL (10k). Do they treat their different visa signature cards differently?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 6
BabyBlue
New Contributor

I am not sure what is going on but my posts are not appearing. Is Internet Explorer 9 playing tricks on me again? This is a third edit... Hopefully, it will work this time (if so, Mozilla Firefox Rules!):

@Mustang - Pottery Barn is a good card to have if you shop there a lot. It is backed by WFNNB, but you get "10% in rewards points back on all purchases." I also got a couple of $25 certificates in the mail since I opened the card at the end of last year. The APR is only 16%, which is not bad for a store card, I think.

@vish1 - My BOA signature visa is a result of an involuntary conversion from an old Miles Edge card that they no longer offer. After the conversion, it initially reported CL for quite a while and when I checked my reports recently I noticed it does not anymore. I read on the forums that for some converted cards, the CL is still reported. I would imagine it is sheer luck Smiley Happy  I will probably try to convert this card to something else in a few months once I graduate (in a few weeks!!!), get a decent job and my new cards get a little older.

Message 4 of 6
android01
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@BabyBlue wrote:

Chase Freedom 6k CL

The remaining cards are:

Shell gas card 2.4k CL

Pottery Barn card3k CL

Congrats on your approval. I am a bit confused about BOA signature visa. I have their cash rewards signature visa and it reports its CL (10k). Do they treat their different visa signature cards differently?

I have a BOA Power Rewards signature card that does not report a limit and never has.  It is listed as a "flexible spending credit card" on my reports.  I like it that way because it doesn't seem to be figured into utilization.  As far as I can tell, FICO ignores it (except for TU98). 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 5 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

@BabyBlue wrote:

Chase Freedom 6k CL

The remaining cards are:

Shell gas card 2.4k CL

Pottery Barn card3k CL

I have a BOA Power Rewards signature card that does not report a limit and never has.  It is listed as a "flexible spending credit card" on my reports.  I like it that way because it doesn't seem to be figured into utilization.  As far as I can tell, FICO ignores it (except for TU98). 

My card also shows up as "flexible spending ..." but reports a limit also. I had pc from secured to cash rewards visa signature about 2 months back.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.