Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed a payment last month!

tag
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Missed a payment last month!

Got paid this morning and did my routine of making payments on all my bills. Logged in to NFCU to make a payment and noticed that there was no payment activity at all for last month. Double checked my Money app that i use to track all my spending, and sure enough, I did not make a payment for last month on my CashRewards! Smiley Sad My payments are due on the 1st of every month, with the statment closing on the 4th. Called up customer service and they said I should be fine in terms of no late payment reporting to the bureasus since my cycle doesn't close until tomorrow. With it being the weekend is that really true? I made a payment at 6 AM this morning. They said I wont receive any increase to my APR. 

In the 13 years I've had cc's I have never missed a payment. Feeling a little sad right now. Anyone else ever miss a payment with NFCU?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Missed a payment last month!

Ok, freaked out and posted this before doing my research (won't happen again). Appears it won't be reported unless 30 days late.
Message 2 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's ok. We have all had those moments. Do you have OOPS or CLOC attached to your NFCU checking acct? If yes, put payments on autopay and you'll never have to have one of those moments again. So happy you're back to your normal self. Have a great day.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
It's ok. We have all had those moments. Do you have OOPS or CLOC attached to your NFCU checking acct? If yes, put payments on autopay and you'll never have to have one of those moments again. So happy you're back to your normal self. Have a great day.

+1

Message 4 of 8
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Doing that now! Thanks for the tip! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

And one of the best things ive heard with Navy is there are time where people pay more than their minimum that sometimes they get no payment due for next month. Great feature. I think youll be ok, like CI said it happens to the best of us. Lesson learnedSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I was 2 days late on hubby's Amazon account last month. Apparently I forgot to hit the 'Approve Payment' button. Either that or it just didn't register. So he got a late fee, but I'd rather that then a reportable late to the bureaus.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 autopay + ploc/cloc. 

Has saved me more than once! So much better to pay a few days interest on my PLOC, than to get hit with NSF fees and potential damage to my FICO.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.