cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed the cut-off for interest free promotional purchases from Amazon. Would they waive interest?

tag
JellyBellyGirl
Established Member

Missed the cut-off for interest free promotional purchases from Amazon. Would they waive interest?

I had a bunch of promotional interest fee purchases expire on my Amazon account this month. I missed the deadline to pay the items off and got banged with $350 in interest. any chance they would waive that if I made the payment now?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Missed the cut-off for interest free promotional purchases from Amazon. Would they waive interes

Ouch! When I use my Amazon card for deferred interest financing I keep a speadsheet that tells me how much of the balance is expiring that month, so I know what my true minimum payment is. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 8.30.09 PM.png

Message 2 of 4
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Missed the cut-off for interest free promotional purchases from Amazon. Would they waive interes

Ohh ABSOLUTELY YES they will waive/credit the interest charges so long as it's still within 30days since the promotional rate expired. Happened to me a couple times and a quick phone call fixed it. Keep in mind in other to have them refund the interest, they will require you make payment in full for the expired promotional balance. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty nice that they will waive the interest like that.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.