Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed feelings on this card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mixed feelings on this card

I'm not sure what to feel, I'm new here so hello everyone it's great to be here. I applied for a Bank of America World Points Platinum plus about a week ago online came back denied. I called them and was talked down to like i didn't have any sense by a CSR. Then was told to fax over some documents verfiying proof of income etc.

Then they state they will let me know, two days ago i get an e-mail from them stating a descision had been made and to go to the website to see the results i.e. the answer on if I'll be getting to card or not. So I go there, DENIED.

Yesterday i get a Visa World Points PlatinumPlus card from Bank of America for $2,500 with an intro rate of 0.0% and a regular rate of 19.9% variable. I'm wondering if i should even keep this card with these type of terms. No late payments and nothing bad on my history but it is limited. Is this a good deal or should i send the card back.

Scores are Experian 610, Transunion 623, Equifax 602 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mixed feelings on this card

Id Keep it. At 0% interest to begin with is not bad. Just charge something small on it each month and PIF and you wont need to worry about paying interest. BOA should also grow with you as well. $2500 with limited credit history isnt bad at all.
Message 2 of 5
JJF
Contributor

Keep the card.  Also, Bank of America credit cards support eBills which work when your bank checking account supports BillPay.  It allows you to set the card up to automatically pay the minimum amount from your checking account.  They do not promote this feature.  Bank of America wants you to fail, they want your late payments and over the limit fees.  

I have always paid my utilities from automatic bank draft.  Rather than using automatic bank draft, I have started to use automatic credit card payments.   My local telephone bill is now paid by my Bank of America card about $23/month.  I may change my Bank of America credit card eBill from minimum payment to balance due, the just ignore it and keep it in the sock drawer.   I want to protect my oldest cards from being closed due to inactivity.

Congrats on Bank of America.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JJF wrote:

Keep the card.  Also, Bank of America credit cards support eBills which work when your bank checking account supports BillPay.  It allows you to set the card up to automatically pay the minimum amount from your checking account.  They do not promote this feature.  Bank of America wants you to fail, they want your late payments and over the limit fees.  

I have always paid my utilities from automatic bank draft.  Rather than using automatic bank draft, I have started to use automatic credit card payments.   My local telephone bill is now paid by my Bank of America card about $23/month.  I may change my Bank of America credit card eBill from minimum payment to balance due, the just ignore it and keep it in the sock drawer.   I want to protect my oldest cards from being closed due to inactivity.

Congrats on Bank of America.

This is all great advice....and much appreciated. Thanks 

Message 4 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Whether you like it or not you got it now. After some time passes you might have some luck with a product change. At 20% it's a PIF. It might not even report for utilization purposes not sure.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.