Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Pay Tag

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Mobile Pay Tag

BOA sent me a mobile pay tag today to put on back of my phone. Has anyone used these? They just don't seem real safe to me.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mobile Pay Tag

@HYPASS33 wrote:
BOA sent me a mobile pay tag today to put on back of my phone. Has anyone used these? They just don't seem real safe to me.

Personally I wouldn't touch it but I'm something of a luddite about such things.  Think the vast majority of these have historically been subject to some exploit or another, though I'm not certain it's really any more risky than simply swiping your card anyway in this day and age.   Fact is if someone wants to collect credit card numbers badly enough, it's not rocket science to do so.

Eventually we'll get to some non-contact form of payment, but I don't see any reason to be a guinea pig Smiley Happy.

        
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 4
Anf_dude
Contributor

I Hate How Everyone Is So Paranoid Of These. I Use Them & Have One On Every Case I Mainly Use.
These a things Only Work When They're Held Back To Back To A Terminal. I Honestly Doubt People ago Around switch A Reader For These Things. Use It Or Destroy It.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.