tag
cgmiller63
Contributor

Montgomery Wards

I just pulled my FICO's and my scores are as follows:
Transunion 694
Equifax 693
Experian 696

My credit history is good except for a BK in 2000 (divorce) so my credit history is appearing as recent. Transunion is showing a Montgomery Wards account from 1988 that is not showing in the other CR's.  Any suggestions how I can get Montgomery Wards to appear in Equifax and Experian?

Message Edited by cgmiller63 on 08-04-2007 03:46 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Montgomery Wards

Well, you know Montgomery Wards went bankrupt and they only have a catalog division now.  You can google Montgomery Wards and get information for their catalog company and may be able to get information on how to get that history reported especially if it was good.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

By Mail:
Montgomery Ward
P.O. Box 2789
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406

Phone: 1-800-227-7598

Fax: 1-319-896-5820

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem with Montgomery Wards. I had my card when they actually had stores and I filed bankrupcy in 1994. I sent copies of my bankruptcy to all 3 credit agencies and Transunion and Equifax took it off but Experian did not. I would dispute it and still they would say that based upon information from Montgomery Wards they would not take it off. I would call Experian and asked them to tell me what Montgomery Wards actually had and they would pull my fill and say nothing was annotated but still they would not take it off.

Montgomery Wards would actually change the amount each time it neared the 7 years that would drop it off my file. I had to go to an attorney and they said they were violating my consumer rights.

You may have to go to an attorney and ask them to write a letter to both Montgomery Wards and the credit agency that will not take it off.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 7
cgmiller63
Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions. The information from Mont Wards is good so I want Montgomery Wards to appear on the other credit reporting agencies. Thank you DiamondDave for the contact information. I'll reach out to them to see if they can help me out.

Message Edited by cgmiller63 on 08-05-2007 07:05 PM
Message 5 of 7
opsrex
Valued Member

Don't think you will have much luck with that. The Wards that you see on line has nothing to do with the Wards that owned stores. They bought the name when Wards went BK. Wards credit was actually owned by General Electric. You would have a better chance going through GE than going through an online retailer which was never a part of Wards anyway. GLTY.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe it or not the old Montgomery Wards store cards were converted to WalMart store cards. You may want to contact GEMB the issuer of both.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.