Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Accounts ? Advice

tag
Chelow
Regular Contributor

More Accounts ? Advice

Hello All, 

I am new to Fico, this is my first post to the forums (i'm Forum Shy), but i've been reading and learning great knowledge with you FicoWizards thus becoming obsessed with Credit. Thank you for that !!!!!! Smiley Happy)

I am considering joining the Amex family ( Cash Magnet ) and would like to see if anybody would throw me some greatly appreciatted advice.

Here's my History : 

I only have 2 Revolving Accounts on my report. Super Clean report, 100% payment, No baddies at all. New to the game.

First card : Cap 1 secured : $1151 CL - Dropped $700 in deposit. Started at $851CL got an Auto CLI 5Months in.

2nd Card : Chase FU : $4000 CL Opened beginning of October ( i think the only reason i got this is because i have relationship with chase. Checking and Savings ) 

AAoA: 8 months 

Oldest account : 1 Year ( Super Newbie, I know. LOL )

Inquiries : EX - 3 / EQ - 1 / TU 1  ( Last inquire october 10th, Chase )

MyFico scores : EX 734 / EQ 747 / TU 732

Income : $70.000,00

As i said above, i became obsessed with my fico scores and really want to bring those scores upppppp !!! i know in order to do that, i really need to age my accounts for a long time but was wondering if it is better adding a few more accounts now ( advice on how many ) or garden those 2 for a while. I don't necessarily need any more credit at the moment but want to build relationships, especially with Amex. I am pre approved for the CM, should i hit the trigger? I Understand it is almost the same as the FU, but 1.5% works for me as i dont like tracking categories, etc.. ( For now ).  Also, was offered the CSP, thru my chase online account but gonna wait for a while as really can't see myself reaching the minimum spend for the intro bonus and i dislike AF's. Let me know if i forgot any other information needed for good advice.

Is Chase gonna get Spooked if i app to CM just 4 months in?

Gonna try to unsecure my cap 1 and turn it into Quicksilver or Savor eventually.

I guess i need a lil reassurement and encouragement. Please !!!

Please let me know your thoughts in order for me to improve my scores.

Any advice is much appreciated.

PS. Sorry if i placed this post in the wrong area 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Should i App for Cash Magnet ? Advice

Welcome to My Fico!!!  000welcometrain.gif

Honestly your profile seems perfect for AMEX, I can't see any reason you wouldn't receive an approval with good SL.

I can't see Chase being spooked by adding one card- heck you're still under 5/24 with adding the Amex so IMO you're good to go!

I don't have Chase but I'm sure some members that are Chase CC holders will advise too. 

Good Luck.. 

Message 2 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: More Accounts ? Advice

OP, if you already have Chase FU, what would be the point in getting another 1.5% card

Message 3 of 24
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Re: Should i App for Cash Magnet ? Advice

Thank you for the encouragement 

Message 4 of 24
Chelow
Regular Contributor

I just want to start building a relationship with Amex and the CM is the only one without AF i am pre approved for. 

Should i add more accounts in general ? also pre approved for Discover...

Message 5 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

There is nothing wrong with applying for Amex, it's just that FU and CM are basically same card. Perhaps take a look at their other revolvers and see if anything meets your spending needs.

You still have thin file, so Disco would be another good choice for you. Their pre approval is also fairly solid.
Message 6 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

OP, if you already have Chase FU, what would be the point in getting another 1.5% card

Its NOT a ChaseSmiley Wink

Adding another lender is good imo but make sure the card fits your spendSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Its NOT a ChaseSmiley Wink

Adding another lender is good imo but make sure the card fits your spendSmiley Happy

Look above Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 24
Chelow
Regular Contributor

@Remedios

@AverageJoesCredit

Thank you both for the time, i think i'm gonna wait a lil before i pull the trigger !!! 

Message 9 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Waiting is always good, but I also see no problems with you applying for additional card.
There is nothing in your post that indicates excessive credit seeking.
Do what you think is best for you and good luck.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.