Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Amex offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More Amex offers

Looks like I got $30 for $300 on both my Cash Magnet and my BCP. 

I don't usually shop Best Buy but I'll have to keep them in the back of my mind if I do any shopping before the year is out. 

Message 11 of 38
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Here is a free $10 for buying gas with Amex and BP/Amoco

Screenshot_2019-11-06 American Express - Dashboard.png

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 12 of 38
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Here is a free $10 for buying gas with Amex and BP/Amoco

Screenshot_2019-11-06 American Express - Dashboard.png

I have that but BP and Amoco don't exist in the areas I'm currently in. I *do* still have the 10% up to $100 back at Exxon/Mobil on SC+ which I've used $80 of. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love Amex offers. I have them on my Propel too, although most are different from my Amex card. My opinion is Amex offers are by far the best of the 4 major payment networks. 

Propel has their own offers in addition to their Amex offers. Just a few offers a month  (you can count the number on 1 hand). Their best was 15% off gas, up to $40 cash back, in June. Then ran 10% off gas in July up to $40, then 10% off gas, 1 purchase only in August. Did all gift cards each month and got $120 cash back plus normal $30 back from 3%. $150 cash back to prepay gas for about 6 months. 

On my Amex card, so far this billing cycle, I got Starbucks and 10% off my cell phone bill, up to $10. Next is 10% off insurance bill up to $10. That's over $20 this month on offers. On a yearly basis, they outpace reward dollars by a large margin. 

Message 14 of 38
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Offers are great when I remember to use them. Most recently, I applied and used the InstaCart Offer on my Gold Card last weekend. It was a nice point earning potential, however I wouldn't rate the overall interaction very high. The experience is greatly dependent upon your shopper's ability to select high quality items, particularly meats! The order was different than the items I selected for my cart, but in the end I made it work.

This was the offer:

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 10.55.23 PM.png

Points earned so far from one usage:

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 10.57.47 PM.png

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

I have that but BP and Amoco don't exist in the areas I'm currently in. I *do* still have the 10% up to $100 back at Exxon/Mobil on SC+ which I've used $80 of. Smiley Happy

Fortunately my Bonvoy has an offer for just any U.S. Gas Stations, I no longer have any Shell, Amoco, BP anything like that around anymore. Everything seems to be mom & pop run, or "store" run like Safeway and fred Meyer.

I also have email offerson Bonvoy 12K points for $6K spend.

$250 resort credit to use on dining, entertainment, and more when you book a stay of two or more consecutive nights at Wynn Las Vegas or Encore and pay with any American Express® Card. Simply book from now until February 22, 2020, and stay by February 29, 2020.

Also, what's instacart?

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grower1 wrote:

Offers are great when I remember to use them. Most recently, I applied and used the InstaCart Offer on my Gold Card last weekend. It was a nice point earning potential, however I wouldn't rate the overall interaction very high. The experience is greatly dependent upon your shopper's ability to select high quality items, particularly meats! The order was different than the items I selected for my cart, but in the end I made it work.

This was the offer:

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 10.55.23 PM.png

Points earned so far from one usage:

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 10.57.47 PM.png

Wow, if they are dependent on items purchased,  that's hard to track or keep up with. Mine are straight forward. For cell phone or insurance bills, I use phone reminders to pay before auto payment kicks in or when I would normally pay just to remind me what card to use. 

Message 17 of 38
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Agreed, this was a simple supermarket order, but for some items that I selected the shopper didn't get it quite right lol. For example, I selected prime cuts of  New York Strip and he delivered very thin slices of New York Strip, almost see thru. I thought, what can I do with this?!? Smiley LOL

I ended up making a version of Philly Cheesesteaks with them. Certainly not the dinner I was planning Smiley Very Happy

Somehow I managed to double the points earned for 1 order (5,500 points for 1 order). 

Message 18 of 38
eastsea
Regular Contributor

Best Buy offer says: 

Get a one-time $30 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ in one or more transactions in-store at Best Buy or online at bestbuy.com by 12/31/2019. See terms for exclusions.

Sounds like it does not have to be a one time purchase of $300+, but multiple smaller purchases add up to $300+ work too, right?

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eastsea wrote:

Best Buy offer says: 

Get a one-time $30 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ in one or more transactions in-store at Best Buy or online at bestbuy.com by 12/31/2019. See terms for exclusions.

Sounds like it does not have to be a one time purchase of $300+, but multiple smaller purchases add up to $300+ work too, right?

A lot more of the offers (and the ones offered by Visa) give up to a total $ amount of rewards back, which is nice. I think the Lowe's offer runs that way too, as well as Starbucks. More and more of them are for multiple purchases now. Get up to $5 back on Starbucks until the expiration date. 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.