cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More COMENITY luv button crazy antics....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More COMENITY luv button crazy antics....

"true gurus" lol.

That statement almost deserves no response, but ok. I've also seen the affects of a 80% card (8/10k) and the effects are minimal compared to an overall utilization of 31-50%. Thats personal experience too. But, clearly your personal experience trumps mine, as a "true guru".

Message 21 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Notice none of the true gurus argue this point. High overall and singular utilization hurts scores but high singular utilization hurts scores just as bad even with low overall utilization. 0/30K wont cancel out your 4/5K no matter how much you want it to. I have personally seen this effect on reports when meeting spend bonuses and going above 30% on one or several cards at once and letting them report even though I wasnt even at 5% overall. Lets get back on topic is about. CLIs are for spenders in most cases. Spend some money or expect goose eggs.

Well maybe not the store cards as much.  Have a 9k limit on RH and put 8.9k on it.  Didn't do anything to my score.  I guess it will probably make it go up a couple of points when I pif.  But with the 0% for 12 months, I'll wait and take advantage of it.  Also want to mention, I never pay the minimum.  Might be why no one else has panicked with the ut on there.

Message 22 of 54
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

a couple months ago i got a CLI from Victoria secret for 500.00 then I got another recently for another $500.00 so im up to $1400.00 i only use the card in bath and body works.  I also have an Ashley Stewart card and got an increase a few months ago, then i hit the button twice today and got a $400 increase. 

Message 23 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Notice none of the true gurus argue this point. High overall and singular utilization hurts scores but high singular utilization hurts scores just as bad even with low overall utilization. 0/30K wont cancel out your 4/5K no matter how much you want it to. I have personally seen this effect on reports when meeting spend bonuses and going above 30% on one or several cards at once and letting them report even though I wasnt even at 5% overall. Lets get back on topic is about. CLIs are for spenders in most cases. Spend some money or expect goose eggs.

Ridiculous nonsense. You had other factors at play if you did in fact experience what you claim. It has been widely discussed and tested by many here, myself included. Overall utilization plays a much bigger role than single account utilization. Please refer us to a post where a "guru" claims otherwise.

Message 24 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

And you are off topic again. Let it go. 😏
Message 25 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man when I read luv button crazy antics I got all revved up thinking there would be stories of like, clicking the luv button.

On your phone.

While skydiving.

Into a volcano. 

And still getting a stupidly high increase. 

Which would parlay into where have YOU clicked the luv button! 

My dream is crushed Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 54
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had EB, VS and JCREW each over one year.  Good spend on EB, small or medium on JC (depending upon how you define it)  and only one purchase at beginning on VS.  All have given me at least 2 CLIs and JC has given me 3; all via luv button.  PIF all except EB once which was paid in 2 cycles.  AAO high, avg Fico 695 and no baddies on any report.  Here's the rub:  Not only does the luv button not work for me any longer but the reason for denials is that I need to establish a proven payment track record!  I'm thinking the real reason is that all balances have been at zero for past 3 months and they really just want me to spend money on the cards.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Do you think I am right w/my hypothesis?  Please and thank you!

Sooooo..... back on topic.

I'm not quite sure. After I opened my accounts almost 3 months ago I tried for CLI's. SL's were $500 - $1000, I have been denied CLI's over and over with the reason that they want me to establish a proven record. I've used the cards for things I want but have made no effort to 'over spend'. Spend has been relatively low. One card I have not used at all.

Finally this week I received a letter stating the CLI is denied due to my credit report. After reading further, they are using a credit report from almost 3 months ago. Since then, my score has increased +70 points across each report. I've given up asking for CLI's for a while as it will be fruitless with old data. I don't know when they update the reports they're using.

Anyway, I was getting that 'track record' message even while using the cards.

More than enough credit.
Message 27 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NichelleN wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had EB, VS and JCREW each over one year.  Good spend on EB, small or medium on JC (depending upon how you define it)  and only one purchase at beginning on VS.  All have given me at least 2 CLIs and JC has given me 3; all via luv button.  PIF all except EB once which was paid in 2 cycles.  AAO high, avg Fico 695 and no baddies on any report.  Here's the rub:  Not only does the luv button not work for me any longer but the reason for denials is that I need to establish a proven payment track record!  I'm thinking the real reason is that all balances have been at zero for past 3 months and they really just want me to spend money on the cards.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Do you think I am right w/my hypothesis?  Please and thank you!

I'm not quite sure. After I opened my accounts almost 3 months ago I tried for CLI's. SL's were $500 - $1000, I have been denied CLI's over and over with the reason that they want me to establish a proven record. I've used the cards for things I want but have made no effort to 'over spend'. Spend has been relatively low. One card I have not used at all.

Finally this week I received a letter stating the CLI is denied due to my credit report. After reading further, they are using a credit report from almost 3 months ago. Since then, my score has increased +70 points across each report. I've given up asking for CLI's for a while as it will be fruitless with old data. I don't know when they update the reports they're using.

Yeah they definitely don't soft pull every time. I haven't had a new SP since I opened the cards 2 months ago. They probably have some general cycle  for account review. If your score changes significantly I would wait to see a comenity SP on your credit and then app, or alternately call CS and have them HP your EQ so their records update if you want to start getting more and higher increases. 

Message 28 of 54
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NichelleN wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah they definitely don't soft pull every time. I haven't had a new SP since I opened the cards 2 months ago. They probably have some general cycle  for account review. If your score changes significantly I would wait to see a comenity SP on your credit and then app, or alternately call CS and have them HP your EQ so their records update if you want to start getting more and higher increases. 

Thanks for the response. I might give them a call and ask when they update records. Other than that I think I'll just wait it out as I'm not sure if's worth a HP. I'm trying to let my inquiries age and I have more then enough under 6 months. Since the scores increase, my other cards have quickly grown to decent limits ($5K to $7K).

At least now I know to quit clicking the luv button and calling the automated system!

More than enough credit.
Message 29 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
And you are off topic again. Let it go. 😏

Whoa, didnt see that coming...oh wait...yes I did. A ridiculous OFF TOPIC claim is made by YOU, YOU cant substantiate what YOU said, then all of a sudden, "that's off topic". LMAO

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.