More Great Amex MR Offers

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: More Great Amex MR Offers

@Anonymous wrote:
Where do you see these offers?

amex1of2.pngamex2of2.png

Or, in the app, just click the Offers button at the bottom when looking at one of your cards.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, got it! 90% if the offers on DH’s green card are Spend $, get $ back. The couple rewards offers are get 1 extra point per $ spend.

I was reading this thread as redemptions for gift cards...makes sense now. Thanks!
Message 12 of 33
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Olive Garden $40 for 1,000 MR

Nike $50 for 1,000 MR

Macys $100 for 1,500 MR

Crate & Barral $100 for 2,000 MR

Easy pickings for 5,500 MR points for only $290 spend.

They were on my personal Plat and PRG card.

I don't know if I'd say easy - the thought of eating at Olive Garden makes me cringe. Probably why it's the highest points/spend ratio on that list.

Say what?! Who doesn't love the Olive GARDEN?! This is probably the one I'm MOST excited for Smiley LOL

Perhaps I'm a bit spoiled, but I'm walking distance to the South and North Ends. In a city known around the world for its Italian food, going to Olive Garden is like going to Chili's for Mexican.

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Nike $50 for 1,000 MR

Macys $100 for 1,500 MR

I don't know if I'd say easy - the thought of eating at Olive Garden makes me cringe. Probably why it's the highest points/spend ratio on that list.

Say what?! Who doesn't love the Olive GARDEN?! This is probably the one I'm MOST excited for Smiley LOL

I would  never eat at the Olive Garden or shop at Nike.  Crate and Barrel I might buy something but combine it with a shopping portal so I get even more points.  Macy's you can get 2 Southwest points per dollar.  So you could get 1500 MR and 200 Southwest Points for 100 dollar purchase plus whatever points you get on the card you use. 

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was sure nice of you to draw an arrow on that map, for those of us who get lost easy! Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 33
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Nike $50 for 1,000 MR

Macys $100 for 1,500 MR

Olive Garden is a chain restaurant that serves Italian food that has been dumbed down so it will appeal to the American palate.  Nearly every American city has better Italian restaurants than Olive Garden.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 16 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Nike $50 for 1,000 MR

Macys $100 for 1,500 MR

Olive Garden is a chain restaurant that serves Italian food that has been dumbed down so it will appeal to the American palate.  Nearly every American city has better Italian restaurants than Olive Garden.

Unless of course you have a dumbed down American palate, then it's the place for you and why it does rather well!.  

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll take Macys and Nike lol
Message 18 of 33
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Unless of course you have a dumbed down American palate, then it's the place for you and why it does rather well!.  

Dumbed down, yes. But there is, at least, something to be said for consistency. As a former NYer, I've had some great Italian food...but also been to some family-owned places where the food was just awful. My guess is that with a good location, they get enough traffic from one-time customers that they don't really need regulars.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 33
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I'm sad because I'm not seeing any of these.

Also, I think I see all the 2x bonus MR offers except for the QuikTrip one, which I would probably use the most.

Blargh

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.