Did you mean: 

More Great Amex MR Offers

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: More Great Amex MR Offers

@Jlgab345 wrote:
Where do you see these offers?

amex1of2.pngamex2of2.png

Or, in the app, just click the Offers button at the bottom when looking at one of your cards.

Message 11 of 33
Frequent Contributor

Ah, got it! 90% if the offers on DH’s green card are Spend $, get $ back. The couple rewards offers are get 1 extra point per $ spend.

I was reading this thread as redemptions for gift cards...makes sense now. Thanks!
RBFCU Premier $25K, Sam’s Club MC $20K, Cap1 Venture $20K, Employer CU LOC $20K, Navy GoRewards $18K, PenFed Power Cash $10K, PenFed PLOC $10k, Navy Platinum $5.7K, SMG $5.5K, PenFed Promise $2.5K, Total Rewards $3K, Discover It $1.4K, Cap One QS1 $850, Overstock $17.5K
DC BK13 3/17....TU clean due to EE as of 12/17! EX clean as of 4/18! EQ clean as of 5/4/18!
Message 12 of 33
Established Contributor

@smc4getnot wrote:

@iced wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Olive Garden $40 for 1,000 MR

Nike $50 for 1,000 MR

Macys $100 for 1,500 MR

Crate & Barral $100 for 2,000 MR

Easy pickings for 5,500 MR points for only $290 spend.

They were on my personal Plat and PRG card.

I don't know if I'd say easy - the thought of eating at Olive Garden makes me cringe. Probably why it's the highest points/spend ratio on that list.

Say what?! Who doesn't love the Olive GARDEN?! This is probably the one I'm MOST excited for Smiley LOL

Perhaps I'm a bit spoiled, but I'm walking distance to the South and North Ends. In a city known around the world for its Italian food, going to Olive Garden is like going to Chili's for Mexican.

Message 13 of 33
Valued Contributor

@smc4getnot wrote:

@iced wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Nike $50 for 1,000 MR

Macys $100 for 1,500 MR

I don't know if I'd say easy - the thought of eating at Olive Garden makes me cringe. Probably why it's the highest points/spend ratio on that list.

Say what?! Who doesn't love the Olive GARDEN?! This is probably the one I'm MOST excited for Smiley LOL

I would  never eat at the Olive Garden or shop at Nike.  Crate and Barrel I might buy something but combine it with a shopping portal so I get even more points.  Macy's you can get 2 Southwest points per dollar.  So you could get 1500 MR and 200 Southwest Points for 100 dollar purchase plus whatever points you get on the card you use. 

BOA Premium Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Hyatt, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Chase Marriott Business, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, Barclay Aviator Business, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards, Citi Thank You Premier, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.

Former Cards: Lendup L Card, Bank of America Cash Rewards, Capital One Quicksilver
Message 14 of 33
Frequent Contributor

That was sure nice of you to draw an arrow on that map, for those of us who get lost easy! Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 33
Established Contributor

@smc4getnot wrote:

@iced wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Nike $50 for 1,000 MR

Macys $100 for 1,500 MR

Olive Garden is a chain restaurant that serves Italian food that has been dumbed down so it will appeal to the American palate.  Nearly every American city has better Italian restaurants than Olive Garden.

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Reserve • PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Also have: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer • UNFCU Azure • NFCU cashRewards • NFCU Go Rewards • PenFed Promise
Message 16 of 33
Mega Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@smc4getnot wrote:

@iced wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Nike $50 for 1,000 MR

Macys $100 for 1,500 MR

Olive Garden is a chain restaurant that serves Italian food that has been dumbed down so it will appeal to the American palate.  Nearly every American city has better Italian restaurants than Olive Garden.

Unless of course you have a dumbed down American palate, then it's the place for you and why it does rather well!.  

Message 17 of 33
Valued Contributor

I’ll take Macys and Nike lol

FICO 8 Scores EQ 704 / Goal 750, EX 706 / Goal 750, TU 724 / Goal 750

FICO 9 Scores EQ 726 / Goal 750, EX 683 / Goal 750, TU 726 / Goal 750
Message 18 of 33
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Unless of course you have a dumbed down American palate, then it's the place for you and why it does rather well!.  

Dumbed down, yes. But there is, at least, something to be said for consistency. As a former NYer, I've had some great Italian food...but also been to some family-owned places where the food was just awful. My guess is that with a good location, they get enough traffic from one-time customers that they don't really need regulars.

Spend: CSR/Freedom/FU, BBP, Costco, Discover
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG, Hyatt, SPG
Rarely useful: BCE, ED, Arrival
2019 downgrade: Prestige
Message 19 of 33
Valued Contributor

I'm sad because I'm not seeing any of these.

Also, I think I see all the 2x bonus MR offers except for the QuikTrip one, which I would probably use the most.

Blargh

Message 20 of 33