Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Luv from Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More Luv from Capital One

I just received a $500.00 CLI from cap 1 by calling the backdoor number.

I know I've had some negative things to say about them in the past but they have been good about giving increases when asked.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

Re: More Luv from Capital One

Hey, me too! I also posted on the backdoor number thread. I got a $500 increase (before my Credit Steps kicks in). I literally did a little happy dance in my living room. No hassle, very quick, the whole call took less than 3 minutes.

Details: $1500 limit (now $2000), 2 statements cut, made third payment, it cleared, then the phone call. I would never have known to do this if it weren't for obsessively reading this forum. :-b

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree this forum is amazing Smiley Very Happy

If it wasn't for myfico I doubt I would've been able to improve my credt score so quickly

Message 3 of 10
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Congratulations! 

They have been great about giving my CLI as well.  I have two cards with them: a Visa  I got around last March and a MC I got in late Oct, I think.  By my fifth statement I had two CLI on my Visa and they gave me a CLI on my MC a little over a week ago.  I am still due to get my credit steps in crease in about 3 months.  They have been nothing but good to me so far.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to ya...

Cap one has been good to me so far as well...

Message 5 of 10
orky626
New Contributor

Which one of the backdoor numbers did you call?
Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 6 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 10
orky626
New Contributor

Mainmedic...THANKS! I followed your footsteps and just received a $500 credit limit increase TODAY! This is much needed since my Aspire Visa Card will be closed because they are terminating the program.  I had a $750 limit.  Now all i need is another one of my creditors to give me a $200 Increase.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@orky626 wrote:
Mainmedic...THANKS! I followed your footsteps and just received a $500 credit limit increase TODAY! This is much needed since my Aspire Visa Card will be closed because they are terminating the program.  I had a $750 limit.  Now all i need is another one of my creditors to give me a $200 Increase.

Glad I'm not the only one! I had a $3,250 CL with Aspire for over 6 years and suddenly . . . poof . . . they "terminated the program." Oh, well. I hadn't used the cards in months and I debated for almost a year about whether to just cancel them because of the outrageous APR and the $49 annual fee anyway. Only thing that kept me hanging on was the age of the account and the semi-decent CL.

Luckily, I replaced that card with a $1,600 CLI from Citi; a $300 (lol) CLI from Cap. One; an $1,800 CLI from Juniper; a new $5,900 card from RBS and a new $6,000 Chase Freedom card, so no worries.

Message 9 of 10
orky626
New Contributor

Cheech, NO you are NOT the only one....I started a thread regrading Aspire yesterday and many others received the same letter.
Message Edited by orky626 on 12-12-2008 09:09 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.