Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one Capital one card????

tag
jmco
Contributor

Re: More than one Capital one card????

OK - well my scores are a bit outdated because I am at 626 right now...(Amazon just approved me for $700 & Paypal for $300)

I now have 13 HP on my reports so I only want to do it IF Capital 1 approves me however I would like a higher CL from them....UGH!!!

Wish this was easier...My biggest issue is that I have burned relationships with most of the prime cards sooo I need to deal with these guys until

time passes and the primes "forget" our history although I did pay them, it just happened a while after and I settled on most of the debt..

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

Well with the other cards are your scores headed in the right direction than yes I would NOT app for another Cap1 card? 

You said you burned bridges with the prime lenders? Did you have COs? Paid or unpaid? You still may be able to mend those relationships

Message 12 of 15
jmco
Contributor

yes, had several CO but most are paid through settlements....working on GWs now.....had success with 2 so far so we shall see....most of my CO are with the infamous Midland funding....(good times)...  i think I am going to hold off for now....went on enough of an ap spree this week....  LOL!   thanks for the feedback!!

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

I had hope but than saw SETTLEMENT...that may be the deal breaker. A GW may work depending on how much and what % the debt was settled for.

Message 14 of 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@jmco wrote:

yes, had several CO but most are paid through settlements....working on GWs now.....had success with 2 so far so we shall see....most of my CO are with the infamous Midland funding....(good times)...  i think I am going to hold off for now....went on enough of an ap spree this week....  LOL!   thanks for the feedback!!

Since you are in rebuilding stages, I suggest a second Capital One is a good idea.   I suggest you try the prequalify on the their web site and see what they offer. Your good history on the card you have with them counts a lot, and they generally approve what they offer.    If they offer the cash rewards card, I would apply for it.    Otherwise wait and try prequalify again every few months until they offer a card you want.  Patience is key in rebuilding.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.