cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most Prestigious (harder to get approved)

tag
Astraywhit

Re: Most Prestigious (harder to get approved)

I will not make it there that soon as I have a real estate deal cooking and would rather own my buildings I work out of and pay zero rent while the other tenants pay the mortgage for me. Credit cards are cute but commercial property will make retiring before I am too old to enjoy it a reality.
---
Private banking doesn't just touch on investments (in this case tied to JP Morgan platform) but also special underwriting privileges for mortgage, cc and so forth

It's 250k minimum for entering; across board; deposits and investments; not sure where the 500k comes from.

Commerical leasing is very lucrative. Imagine a CPA telling you you need to purchase a few mil worth of properties with the income you rake in (220k easily a year, for just one property )

But it's only lucrative if you got the means and if you do your research
Message 31 of 39
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

According to Wikipedia, JPM has tightened the requirements for a Pd card and once again requires a JPM private banking relationship. Chase private client no longer suffices. Does anyone have current evidence to the contrary.

"Initially the card was only targeted at elite Private Banking clients but in 2011 the card was opened up to Chase Private Client customers and a few others who met the income and credit requirements but lacked the high assets originally required for the card. However, this has since changed and a private banking relationship is once again required to apply for the card."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium_Card

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 32 of 39
bribro
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

According to Wikipedia, JPM has tightened the requirements for a Pd card and once again requires a JPM private banking relationship. Chase private client no longer suffices. Does anyone have current evidence to the contrary.

"Initially the card was only targeted at elite Private Banking clients but in 2011 the card was opened up to Chase Private Client customers and a few others who met the income and credit requirements but lacked the high assets originally required for the card. However, this has since changed and a private banking relationship is once again required to apply for the card."

I wish it were true, but unless this change to exclude CPC happened in the last 24 hours, it is not correct.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 33 of 39
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

I wish it were true, but unless this change to exclude CPC happened in the last 24 hours, it is not correct.

I had considered getting the Pd card but it has dissappeared from the Chase website. This reversion to the original JPM private banking relationship has been reported elsewhere. Do you have a link that establishes that the Pd card is available to CPC?

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 34 of 39
Dreamwalker
New Contributor

A First Premier credit card.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Message 35 of 39
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Dreamwalker wrote:

Cat Frustrated

        
Message 36 of 39
Dreamwalker
New Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Dreamwalker wrote:

Cat Frustrated

Not funny? Not even a little?

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Message 37 of 39
h4ldol
Contributor

Some bank should make a card named "1" where you could only qualify if you are a "1%"er, that is have an annual income of something like $450k+ (or whatever amount it is).  That would be pretty exclusive I would think.  

Message 38 of 39
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I laughed.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.