Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move CL from Slate to Freedom then closed it

tag
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Move CL from Slate to Freedom then closed it

So I moved my $3200 CL on my Slate to my Freedom and had them close the card. My Freedom is now at $6700.

Will I automatically get a Visa Signature Version with a chip or do I need to request it?

I had gotten eager getting in with a prime lender and though maybe I had a use for the Slate but didn't so decided to move it over to the Freedom a card I actually use. 

Thanks!

Sam

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Move CL from Slate to Freedom then closed it

You may have to send them an SM 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ragelog wrote:

So I moved my $3200 CL on my Slate to my Freedom and had them close the card. My Freedom is now at $6700.

Will I automatically get a Visa Signature Version with a chip or do I need to request it?

I had gotten eager getting in with a prime lender and though maybe I had a use for the Slate but didn't so decided to move it over to the Freedom a card I actually use. 

Thanks!

Sam

Your Freedom has to be open for a year before VS upgrade.

Message 3 of 6
Ragelog
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ragelog wrote:

Thanks!

Sam

Ok I will wait until October to request the upgrade. Thanks Nixon. What are the key improvements of a Visa Signature. I have read them before nothing stood out as amazing.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 4 of 6
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Ragelog wrote:

Thanks!

Sam

You have to request, though in 2011 when I got my Freedom it had a $6000 credit line and wasnt a VS. 

But like the others said, it does have to be open for a year. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ragelog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ragelog wrote:

Thanks!

Sam

Ok I will wait until October to request the upgrade. Thanks Nixon. What are the key improvements of a Visa Signature. I have read them before nothing stood out as amazing.

Cooler looking logo...

Some fringe benefits you most likely won't use.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.