Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Credit lines - Chase

tag
slothy
Contributor

Move Credit lines - Chase

currently have 

slate 3.2k - got it because i was going to xfer some balances over and close those cards - i'm just going to pay them off then close em this week instead

freedom - 4k

CSP - 5k

so thinking i wanna move the slate CL to the freedom or am i better off moving it to the CSP?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Move Credit lines - Chase

@slothy wrote:

currently have 

slate 3.2k - got it because i was going to xfer some balances over and close those cards - i'm just going to pay them off then close em this week instead

freedom - 4k

CSP - 5k

so thinking i wanna move the slate CL to the freedom or am i better off moving it to the CSP?

I would move over at least 1k to your Freedom and have it upgraded to a Visa Signature or World MasterCard. Then move over the rest to your CSP.

Message 2 of 11
slothy
Contributor

thanks - just was reading about that - seems like once its @ 5k i can request in 12 months to see if im elgiable for a pc to signature?

or would it be benifically to just move it all to the csp? and dump freedom/slate - all cards are less than a month old... 

Message 3 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@slothy wrote:

@Anonymous - just was reading about that - seems like once its @ 5k i can request in 12 months to see if im elgiable for a pc to signature?

or would it be benifically to just move it all to the csp? and dump freedom/slate - all cards are less than a month old... 

Definitely keep the Freedom. CSP and Freedom makes a great combo. CSP for the 1:1 transfer capability, use the Freedom to earn the UR points.

Message 4 of 11
bribro
Valued Contributor

At least $1k to the Freedom if you want to request an upgrade to a higher credit card tier. The remaining amount should be moved to the card (CSP or Freedom) that you typically hold the larger balance on so that you minimize your per card utilization.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 11
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

At least $1k to the Freedom if you want to request an upgrade to a higher credit card tier. The remaining amount should be moved to the card (CSP or Freedom) that you typically hold the larger balance on so that you minimize your per card utilization.

+1 Exactly

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 11
slothy
Contributor

i moved 1500 to the freeom -  now 5.5k

and the rest to my csp - 6.7k

i did ask about converting the freedom to a siggy, the csr said its something chase does at their own discretion.   Would EO maybe help with that? 

Message 7 of 11
wche
Regular Contributor

I moved my chase credit line around and made my Freedom eligible for an upgrade to visa sig by simply requesting it via secure messaging on the chase website. An advisor called me 2 days later to process the request. Give it a try!
Message 8 of 11
slothy
Contributor

@wche wrote:
I moved my chase credit line around and made my Freedom eligible for an upgrade to visa sig by simply requesting it via secure messaging on the chase website. An advisor called me 2 days later to process the request. Give it a try!

wche - i sent you a PM

Message 9 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@slothy wrote:

i moved 1500 to the freeom -  now 5.5k

and the rest to my csp - 6.7k

i did ask about converting the freedom to a siggy, the csr said its something chase does at their own discretion.   Would EO maybe help with that? 

Good moveSmiley Happy 

That's a nice 1-2 combo with good limits on both

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.