Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Amex Closing Date?

tag
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Moving Amex Closing Date?

I have just gone through the first billing cycle with my brand-new BCP (Yeah!) and it's a great feeling.

However, the closing date could not fall at a worse moment. I have already moved the date of my Chase Freedom, but don't see where to do it on the Amex website. Am I missing something obvious? (If there *is* anything obvious in the Amex website, notoriously messy as others have remarked.) Or should I just call them? Or maybe just live with it?

Thanks!!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Moving Amex Closing Date?

Congrats on the BCP!  If you can't find it, just call them!  Most of the CSRs seem friendly.  Now I'm going to head to their site to see if I can find it, haha.

Edit:  Okay, here's what I found:

Contact us with your preferred due date by calling the number on the back of your Card. A customer service representative will review your account for eligibility.

Good luck!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 9
winstars
Regular Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Congrats on the BCP!  If you can't find it, just call them!  Most of the CSRs seem friendly.  Now I'm going to head to their site to see if I can find it, haha.

Edit:  Okay, here's what I found:

Contact us with your preferred due date by calling the number on the back of your Card. A customer service representative will review your account for eligibility.

Good luck!

Thats a really good piece of intel that you can do that. Lots of us who are repairing their credit need to be sure of that date and the info that you might be actually able to CHOOSE that date yourself, if eligibile, is very good to know...

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Message 3 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

anks for the Info I think I should move my date as well for Chase

Message 4 of 9
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Thank you, clocktick! I am going to call them right away! Happy this could help other people too -- controlling the closing date makes it much easier to have 9% report, as opposed to 99%!!

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 5 of 9
clocktick
Valued Contributor

You're welcome!  I'm interested in finding out what exactly makes one eligible. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 6 of 9
winstars
Regular Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

You're welcome!  I'm interested in finding out what exactly makes one eligible. 

That is a very very good question whose answer would help a lot of us. Why a person would NOT be eligible would be interesting...

Message 7 of 9
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

I just called and they changed it -- no questions asked. I don't think one is "eligible" or not, it's just a service. In fact, both other cards I have (Cap 1 and Chase Freedom) allowed me to do it online.

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 8 of 9
winstars
Regular Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

I just called and they changed it -- no questions asked. I don't think one is "eligible" or not, it's just a service. In fact, both other cards I have (Cap 1 and Chase Freedom) allowed me to do it online.

Roger that!!!  This is a very important piece of information because many here are always trying to figure out when that exact day is and here you seem to be able to make it when is good for you!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.