Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving CLI from slate to Freedom

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: Moving CLI from slate to Freedom

Call the backdoor number and request it. Do it quick and see if they can convert it to a signature. Otherwise you will have to wait a year until you can convert.

Not sure if Chase is the same way, but I did that with my BOA. Initial limit of 3k, took another HP to 7500 and requested conversion before they sent the card out

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 11 of 18
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@randy230k wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@randy230k wrote:

My experience has been that theyll move all but $500, regardless of past transaction history.  They told me minimum availability has to be $500 on any given card, even if you intend to transfer the credit limit and close the card.  

Hi Randy,

Could you tell us what was the limit on your Slate, and when did you transact last on the card? Also, how old was the card?

Probably it depends on those factors; the points I wrote was exactly what was told to me via Chase SM.

My limit was $1,000; my last transaction (BT) was 5 months before closing the card; and my card was indeed 5 months old. I made my last payment about 3 weeks before closing it and moving all of the $1k moved to my Freedom.

Hey Ghoshida,

This particular experience was not actually mine, but my brothers, and I was sitting next to him listening, and the phone was on speaker, so I did hear the entire conversation.

His slate was approximately 6 months old, last transaction had occured about two weeks before he moved the limit around.  He had recently applied for and been approved for a CSP.  The limit on the slate was $5,000, and the limit on the new CSP also $5,000.  They said because there were no current or pending transactions (nothing about transactions from the previous 30 days), they could move all but $500 of the credit limit.  He then asked if he could move all $5,000 because he intended to close the slate card.  They said no, and that $4,500 was all they could transfer and the slate had to remain with at least $500 of credit availability even if there was the intention of closing the card.  So, the $4,500 was moved, making the credit limit on the CSP $9,500, and the $500 slate was closed, as per his request.

Hope this helps!

-R

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the clarification. I believe it was the 2-week old transaction that prevented their system from doing a full sweep. The CSR should have ideally mentioned it to your brother; odd that they didn't.

Also, it could be the case that my CL was too small to begin with; $5,000 may be a big enough number where the $500 residual CL comes into play. I'm guessing here. But the 30-day no transaction rule was confirmed by Chase through secure message.

I'll advise anyone who's contemplating moving all of their CL from one Chase card to another verify this part; if possible, wait 30 days since last transaction before moving CL and closing the card.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a quick note. I finally received my Slate yesterday with a 20k limit. It's not a signature.

A Slate with a 20k limit?? How did you manage that?

Chase says the opening limit on this card is suppose to be 15k

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure. The app was declined at first but still said pending. After like 3 days from App I called the backdoor and the analyst asked me questions and gave me 20k! Still not sure why, but I can't complain
I got the denial letter on Friday or Sat, and then got my card on Monday!
Message 14 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a quick note. I finally received my Slate yesterday with a 20k limit. It's not a signature.

i don't believe chase offers siggy on the slate

Message 15 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Balance Transfer Option

• Balance transfers are contingent upon issuance of your account with us.

• The total amount of your request(s) including fees and interest charges cannot exceed your available credit or $15,000, whichever is lower.

This is from there web site so if you read it it states the balance transfer can't be greater then 15k, not that the CL can't be greater then 15k.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Balance Transfer Option

• Balance transfers are contingent upon issuance of your account with us.

• The total amount of your request(s) including fees and interest charges cannot exceed your available credit or $15,000, whichever is lower.

This is from there web site so if you read it it states the balance transfer can't be greater then 15k, not that the CL can't be greater then 15k.

Interesting, I did see this when I applied for my Slate as I was attempting to BT 20k originally, but put 15k when I got this prompt.

They then gave me only 2.3k as a starting CL and I called about a CLI and I asked about the 15k limit quote because the CSR asked how much I wanted to transfer. She said they only approve the Slate for a maximum 15k initial credit limit, so I asked for 15k.

Lesson: CSRs are often wrong.

I was denied the CLI btw. (sigh) Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 18
nkrishdtt
Valued Member

all - i do want to pass on my heartfelt thanks to all of you...i made DW call chase and talk to them..the initial CSR was not helpful, so she hit the branch and her banker connected her to a rep (possibly some backdoor #), she had it in a breeze...

Thanks to all of you she got her first siggy!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.