Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving ON UP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving ON UP!

My husband and I filed for BK 2 years ago...we just recently refinanced our house and have began to get lines of credit re-established! We just recieved work from our CU today that we are going to be able to refinance our travel trailer from 17.75% interest down to 8.9% HALLILUAH! I am absolutely beside myself with happiness...it has been such a rough rough road. We have come a long way. However, we are thinking about signing up with a credit repair agency...what do you think? There are 2 things that I have TRIED and tried to get off our report and we just can't seem to get it done...What do you suggest?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Moving ON UP!

Hi mdford, welcome to the forum. There is lot of information on this forum and lot of willing and knowledgible people. I am not sure going to a credit repair company is a good idea. What ever they can do, you can do it your self with the help from the folks on this forum.
Message 2 of 4
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

I agree whole heartedly....you do not need to spend that money, there are plenty of resources here. You will have to block out time to spend and get educated on challenges, deletions, good will letters, etc.

This site has been great....you may also want to check out the thread under BK friendly creditors..I thought that I would never get decent credit cards, now after 5 months, I have 88K in open trade lines (which I will never use and don't recommend as much credit, but it feels safe).

Phumanr
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mdford, and welcome to the forum! There's a wealth of information here, with many knowledgeable people to help you to credit health.

I'm beginning to believe the people who work for credit repair agencies received all their education and training right here! Smiley Happy (said tongue in cheek. My apologies to any DMP person who comes here and reads this. I mean no offence).

Seriously though, a DMP can't help you anymore than you can help yourself, armed with the tools necessary that you obtain here.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.