Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving credit limit's around

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Moving credit limit's around

@snowkitty wrote:
@FinStar Oh no, I will check that. Would they pull a 2nd hp on the same day? That would be bad but now that I think about it, they did ask me for financial info, etc. It never occurred to me that would be a hp. I'm beginning to feel like that whole card was a mistake. Thanks for the heads up.

Just check to be sure since this is standard for BOA.  If you were approved for the other card on the same day as you allocated CLs, then it is possible it may have been done with one HP, but better safe than sorry.  Worse case scenario, you can contact an analyst and explain the situation (in the event you have evidence of 2 HPs) and see if they are willing to remove the 2nd HP.  Most often, they can be accommodating depending on the situation.

Message 11 of 13
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@snowkitty wrote:
@FinStar Oh no, I will check that. Would they pull a 2nd hp on the same day? That would be bad but now that I think about it, they did ask me for financial info, etc. It never occurred to me that would be a hp. I'm beginning to feel like that whole card was a mistake. Thanks for the heads up.

Just check to be sure since this is standard for BOA.  If you were approved for the other card on the same day as you allocated CLs, then it is possible it may have been done with one HP, but better safe than sorry.  Worse case scenario, you can contact an analyst and explain the situation (in the event you have evidence of 2 HPs) and see if they are willing to remove the 2nd HP.  Most often, they can be accommodating depending on the situation.

I will find out in a few days on credit karma. I use them weekly to keep up with TU changes. Hopefully it was just one but if not I will do as you said and call to speak with an anaylst about having it removed because the rep did not say anything about pulling another report. Thanks!

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 12 of 13
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@snowkitty wrote:

I will find out in a few days on credit karma. I use them weekly to keep up with TU changes. Hopefully it was just one but if not I will do as you said and call to speak with an anaylst about having it removed because the rep did not say anything about pulling another report. Thanks!

My buddy had a 25k B of A Sig card that I was an AU on and still am and he recently app'd for a B of A  AAA rewards card and was approved, just last month.  However, they took 15k from the Sig card and put that on the AAA rewards card for the limit.  When I let him know that his Sig card now reports with a 10k CL, instead of a 25k -- he called to have them reverse 10k back to the Sig card, but then he realized that it was going to cost another HP (ridiculous) to do this....since they were asking for financial info and ss#, so he stopped right then and there.   Just a heads up, like FinStar said.  Hopefully, it works out for you!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.