Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving credit limits between nfcu cards

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: Moving credit limits between nfcu cards

I was told they are no longer moving limits. I tried in the beginning of July. Keep us posted and good luck!

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 11 of 14
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

I see that

it was never that long of waiting time for a reply ,

I guess short of staff because of the covid 19 the 

As others have mentioned, I'm sure they are swamped. Did you use the credit line increase/decrease prompt? That way it gets to the right group vs sitting in the general queue. I requested a reallocation between cards in April. It was completed within 2 days and the process was flawless. Of course only the east coast was lit up by covid at the time, now it's basically ravaging a good part of the country so I can only imagine the backlog. 

Maybe give a call so they can pull the request and move it to the top of the pile? Good luck !

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 12 of 14
Jccflat
Established Contributor

After three days with no reply I sent a secure message with 2 question marks 

Within two hours I got an answer and They granted my request of moving the limits ,

Upper new guy  taking a personal loan form navy works the same? because I borrow and pay back after a week and repeat ? Is it same as CLOC it's on my account and I can borrow whenever I want ?

And what is involved ? Allot of Documents to pe approved 

Message 13 of 14
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Mine took nearly 10 days (!!!!!!) for a reply, but they granted my request. $14.5k was moved from my MORE Rewards to Platinum, lowering that to $14.5k but boosting my Platinum up to $40k.

That make the balance I am carrying on my Plat now less than 29% of the limit. So a few FICO points for me when it reports!

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.