cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms. Disco, you're such a mysterious beast..

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Ms. Disco, you're such a mysterious beast..

Congrats!!  At least you have promos -- and really good ones!! 

I asked about promos the other day and was told there are none for me.  And i haven't had a CLI in 9 months Smiley Tongue

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 11 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@thornback wrote:

I asked about promos the other day and was told there are none for me.  And i haven't had a CLI in 9 months Smiley Tongue

I just called and got the 0% promo APR on purchases till Feb 2020 Smiley Happy

(Very Old Discover card with lots of history.)

Message 12 of 26
thornback
Senior Contributor

I'm going to ask again in a few days.  I don't think the agent I chatted with understood my request because they kept saying I already had the lowest APR so they couldn't reduce it... and I kept repeating myself with 'yeah but no promos??'  Then I received a letter reiterating that I already had the lowest APR so no reduction was possible 😂.

Congrats on your promo success too!! 

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@thornback wrote:

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 13 of 26
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Miss Disco can be stingy with CLI's. I cycled $45K+ through mine in a 12 month span and got one $1500 CLI. Smiley Sad
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 14 of 26
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Translation:
We have enjoyed you as a customer and to show that appreciation, here is a great offer in hopes that you will continue to spend with us- meanwhile that we're not quite ready to extend a limit increase. Continue swiping and we will do so soon.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

I'm going to ask again in a few days.  I don't think the agent I chatted with understood my request because they kept saying I already had the lowest APR so they couldn't reduce it... and I kept repeating myself with 'yeah but no promos??'  Then I received a letter reiterating that I already had the lowest APR so no reduction was possible 😂.

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@thornback wrote:

Try just clicking on "Balance Transfer". Whenever I click on it I am offered 9 months at 0%. I have never used it or asked for a promo, its just there.

Message 16 of 26
thornback
Senior Contributor

Yes, I've done that (also check the "special offers" site regularly). There are no offers -  haven't been any since I first got the card last October.  I used the 0%/18 month BT offer that was given at time of approval and paid it off in 6 months eventhough I had til May 2020 to do so.  Haven't seen a BT or any other promo since. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Try just clicking on "Balance Transfer". Whenever I click on it I am offered 9 months at 0%. I have never used it or asked for a promo, its just there.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

Yes, I've done that (also check the "special offers" site regularly). There are no offers -  haven't been any since I first got the card last October.  I used the 0%/18 month BT offer that was given at time of approval and paid it off in 6 months eventhough I had til May 2020 to do so.  Haven't seen a BT or any other promo since. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I never even knew about the special offers page but it's apparently broken for me. It has me select an account and then says the page cannot be found. Must be a consequence of having two cards on the same profile. 

Message 18 of 26
thornback
Senior Contributor

Huh... interesting.  I only have one card and i just log-in to that page and it lists avail offers -  at least, I assume it would if I had any.  Mine just says, "Sorry, no offers currently available for your account" - or something to that effect.

@Anonymous wrote:

I never even knew about the special offers page but it's apparently broken for me. It has me select an account and then says the page cannot be found. Must be a consequence of having two cards on the same profile. 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 19 of 26
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@thornback wrote:

Cool! I just checked my account and I have 0% for 12 month and 3.99% for 18 months offers available. Thanks for the heads up. I've never clicked on that page.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.