cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms. Disco, you're such a mysterious beast..

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ms. Disco, you're such a mysterious beast..

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

Yes, I've done that (also check the "special offers" site regularly). There are no offers -  haven't been any since I first got the card last October.  I used the 0%/18 month BT offer that was given at time of approval and paid it off in 6 months eventhough I had til May 2020 to do so.  Haven't seen a BT or any other promo since. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Try just clicking on "Balance Transfer". Whenever I click on it I am offered 9 months at 0%. I have never used it or asked for a promo, its just there.

I never even knew about the special offers page but it's apparently broken for me. It has me select an account and then says the page cannot be found. Must be a consequence of having two cards on the same profile. 

Don't think that's the issue since I have 3 on a single profile (although Miles is closed), but the other 2 being active, I have no issues accessing the special offers page.  So, it must be something else unless it's specific to your Discover profile.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

Yes, I've done that (also check the "special offers" site regularly). There are no offers -  haven't been any since I first got the card last October.  I used the 0%/18 month BT offer that was given at time of approval and paid it off in 6 months eventhough I had til May 2020 to do so.  Haven't seen a BT or any other promo since. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Try just clicking on "Balance Transfer". Whenever I click on it I am offered 9 months at 0%. I have never used it or asked for a promo, its just there.

I never even knew about the special offers page but it's apparently broken for me. It has me select an account and then says the page cannot be found. Must be a consequence of having two cards on the same profile. 

Don't think that's the issue since I have 3 on a single profile (although Miles is closed), but the other 2 being active, I have no issues accessing the special offers page.  So, it must be something else unless it's specific to your Discover profile.

Is there a way to get there when you're already logged in or do you have to use that link?

Message 22 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on 2 really good promosSmiley Happy.

I kid you not, on Monday Santa braught me a record 9 DENIAL letters at onceSmiley Happy. Just call me HSI JoeSmiley Wink. Gotta get them in as 2020 is no smash joetimeSmiley Sad. Smiley Wink
Message 23 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a way to get there when you're already logged in or do you have to use that link?

You technically don't have to use the "special offers" link in order to view what's available for each account.  If you select the Balance Transfer link while logged in, it should display any offers provided your account is eligible.  Currently on mine, it displays two BT offers for each account.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You technically don't have to use the "special offers" link in order to view what's available for each account.  If you select the Balance Transfer link while logged in, it should display any offers provided your account is eligible.  Currently on mine, it displays two BT offers for each account.

Okay I wasn't sure if the special offers was just BT offers. If that's the case, I still have 0 for 9 and 3.99 for 15 each with 3% fee. 

Message 25 of 26
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

At least the OP got some good offers. The "mysterious beast" phrase resonates with me. I opened a Discover secured card in May. It unsecured last week, yay! But, with a CL of $1,500. With an income over $100k and with three other cards with CLs of $5,000 and one with a CL of $3,100, and FICO scores in the 740s-750s (since then, they went down because I got an Apple Card). ?? Still love them, but I was really expecting a CL of about $2,500 and hoping for more.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.