Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple AMEX paymens before first statement

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Multiple AMEX paymens before first statement

I read somewhere in the forum about only being able to make one payment to AMEX prior to the first statement being cut.

Today I chatted with one of their nice CSRs so I could learn my statement cut date and report dates. While with him I asked about the multiple payments. He did confirm you may only make the one payment via the AMEX website due to safeguards they have for verifying your bank for ACH pulls. You can use your banks billpay feature, or snailmail regular checks as many times as you like.

Just thought I would share.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple AMEX paymens before first statement

Appreciate the info on this.
I just want to add, and due to my own experience, this only applies to your first card with Amex, any new card you get after that you will be able to hit the ground running and pay multiple times.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It's the new payment account rather than the new card that causes the restrictions.

AMEX will allow multiple payments if you haven't yet paid your statement balance.

Message 3 of 5
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

It's the new payment account rather than the new card that causes the restrictions.

AMEX will allow multiple payments if you haven't yet paid your statement balance.

This was correct for me.  I was able to make weekly payments via the website before my first statement was cut.

R.I.P Cards 

Message 4 of 5
paulesport
Contributor

Different experience here. Got the AmEx BonVoy Brilliant (non-Biz) as my first AmEx. My first statement hasn’t been cut yet and I’ve paid 5x so far. 2 via Pay It function and 3 just regular payment.
personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.